Dead Letter Circus using Axe Fx????

Never heard of them. They sound great. We'll have to look into getting them on the artist page.

These guys sound amazingly similar to another Australian band I just heard of recently called Closure in Moscow.

High pitched vocals, staccato rhythmic guitars with lots of layers of octaves and echo, complex drumming.

I guess this must be the sound of a new "scene" coming from the Aussies.

-Adam

Rob the guitarist used to post here quite a bit as "deadletter". Great band. I think his name is rob lol.

I saw that vid too....great sounding music....and tones to boot. much appreciation...maybe they will upload their patches?

wow, never heard of these guys before but they're amazing!! i'll definitely be picking up that album as soon as it comes out! Thanks for the link!

I asked (on Facebook) if they used the Axe Fx on their album and i got the reply:

"yep - we used the axe for most of it... amazing unit !"

FractalAudio said:
Never heard of them. They sound great. We'll have to look into getting them on the artist page.

Not to be a bastard, but why not adding Opeth or Meshuggah? They tour all over the world, play the biggest festivals and so on.

Clawfinger said:
FractalAudio said:

Not to be a bastard, but why not adding Opeth or Meshuggah? They tour all over the world, play the biggest festivals and so on.

Can't for legal reasons.

Tom King said:
Clawfinger said:
1) It takes 2
2) Patience

-TK

I suppose I could let you put my picture up. You wouldn't have to be patient and after all, I'm a legend... in my own mind :lol:

Ok so saw these guys last night in Sydney. Can confirm the guitarist was using an axefx. Can confim that it was close to the best dam live guitar sound I have ever heard. Cannot confirm how he was running it weather it was direct or a mic'd up cab.

Band was also amazing and super tight!!

Clawfinger said:
FractalAudio said:

absolutely spot on i've been thinking the same thing! makes no sense to me. i heard in an interview that messhuggah are using the axe fx but there is no official mention from the axe fx website.

AdamCook said:
These guys sound amazingly similar to another Australian band I just heard of recently called Closure in Moscow.

High pitched vocals, staccato rhythmic guitars with lots of layers of octaves and echo, complex drumming.

I guess this must be the sound of a new "scene" coming from the Aussies.

-Adam

yeah and a whole bunch of others....tends to happen down there and I guess everywhere else in the world

one band does something original and everyone jumps on the bandwagon....

actually take some Muse, Jeff Buckley,Tool and possibly some meshuggah and devin townsend and thats the 'scene'

Back
Top Bottom