Dead G string on 12-56 gauge

Does anyone know how to fix dead G string on C standard tuning with 12-56 gauge?(EB not even slinky)
Even if string is new, it sounds dead on all the frets.
It seems like it doesn’t sit well on the bridge, i tried to pull up the strings while tuning but it seems like it doesn’t work at all.
My guitar is Sterling JP100D.
Any suggestions before i take it to technician?
Technicians in my local city is not quite reliable tho :(

Attachments

• A17A2633-4BEF-44D7-8EEE-A6143E181E76.jpeg
    A17A2633-4BEF-44D7-8EEE-A6143E181E76.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 29
Is the G string buzzing anywhere on the neck?

There is no buzzing on all the frets :(

A .024 plain string just sounds bad IMO. Try a thinner gauge or a wound 3rd string.
A .024 plain is more of a steel rod than a string, like Bakerman, I'd also sugest a wound .024 string at this position.

Thank you for your suggestion, i just ordered wound 024 strings and will try it once i receive it!

Does anyone know how to fix dead G string on C standard tuning with 12-56 gauge?(EB not even slinky)
Even if string is new, it sounds dead on all the frets.
It seems like it doesn’t sit well on the bridge, i tried to pull up the strings while tuning but it seems like it doesn’t work at all.
My guitar is Sterling JP100D.
Any suggestions before i take it to technician?
Technicians in my local city is not quite reliable tho :(
Have you checked at the nut? nut may need to be opened up for a thicker string unless your using a locking nut.

Did this just start happening?
Anything or event you can tie it to?
It happened after changing string gauge to 12-56. I tried drop C tuning with Ernieball heavy bottom just before using 12-56 but there was no issue. I didn’t like the tension of heavy bottom so i decided to go for C std with 12-56 gauge.
Btw I used to play in E std with 010 gauge.

Have you checked at the nut? nut may need to be opened up for a thicker string unless your using a locking nut.
Yes i did. I pushed string down several times with appropriate force(imo lol) to let the string sit well on the nut. If wound 024 sound bad, i will definitely check the nut again!

How about just trying an original size G string at the same pitch you were at, and see what happens?

A .024 plain is more of a steel rod than a string, like Bakerman, I'd also sugest a wound .024 string at this position.

I just received wound 024 string and yeah 024 plain is actually a steel rod than a string! And there is no issue with wound 024 string. Thank you so much! Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom