Dc-30 IR

Looking for advice for IR's for use with the DC-30 amp.
I am new to IR's so not sure how to get going, but it seems like the consensus is that using them improves the sound tremendously.
Thanks for any advice/help.

If you are new to IR's, you might want to check the available stock cabs inside the unit. Here are a few examples you can pair the DC-30 with:

If you are ready to jump into the rabbit hole, you can purchase the new IR pack which includes Matchless IR's from Fractal: http://shop.fractalaudio.com/Cab_Pack_AustinBuddy_Fantastic_2x12s_Cab_Pack_p/fas-801-0042.htm

Reactions: Rex
I´ve tried to mix from 3rd party IR´s - SingleIRs from G12 M and G12 H - use MTP IRs - not Raw (phasing).
I put them in a stereocab, panaroma hard panned. I wasn´t satisfied........

The stockcabs are most MixIR´s not Singlemics.

But - what is the typical DC 30 sound - the mixsound or the single speaker?

Here´s a nice Vid where every speaker is extra miced:

But I also like the DC 30 with VOX IR´s !

Last edited:
I´ve tried to mix from 3rd party IR´s - SingleIRs from G12 M and G12 H - use MTP IRs - not Raw (phasing).
I put them in a stereocab, panaroma hard panned. I wasn´t satisfied........

The stockcabs are most MixIR´s not Singlemics.

But - what is the typical DC 30 sound - the mixsound or the single speaker?

Here´s a nice Vid where every speaker is extra miced:

But I also like the DC 30 with VOX IR´s !

Try the new Matchless DC-30 IR's from @austinbuddy and Fractal Audio! They sound amazing. There's both single mics and dual cab mixes.

i use a variety of OH alnico IR's, sometimes mixed with greenbacks or V30's and all have sounded great. i am interested to hear samples of @austinbuddy DC30 ir's since hardly anyone has actually shot that cab.

If you are new to IR's, you might want to check the available stock cabs inside the unit.
This. You already have well over 100 IRs. Take a spin through them to see how they change your sound.

Back
Top Bottom