Db settings

GoudBjorn

Hello!
I use an fx8, and i can find my way easily, by now.
I just need some advice about the
Autobypass function and db’s in general.
When i plug my guitar in straight to the amp the sound is way louder, than trough the fx8.
All effects i use are maximal 0db,
but i only do that because i am ised to that because i mixed quitte some music, and ‘it should never be louder than 0db’. Is what i have been told and is what i always do.
But is this also required in the effects chain? To keep all effects levels to a maximum of 0db? Or can i go louder, as long as the display shows no clipping lights?
Yeah, i know, when it sounds good it is good, but i just need some insights in this.
When i switch ‘autobypass’ on and
I bypass all 8 effects, the sound is so much louder, wich i think should be the same when i turn effects on.

I hope someone can advice me.

Thanks!
Regards Bjorn

yes you're allowed to turn effect blocks up past 0.

0 is a starting point - it can go up or down from there. some effects make the volume lower, so you can turn it up to compensate.

this 0 means "unity gain" - level that goes in is the same that comes out. but the effect can change that.

the 0 dB for mixing is the limit of digital level when mixing - very different. https://www.quora.com/In-sound-meas...plifiers-0-dB-is-referred-as-Maximum-loudness

Back
Top Bottom