Dayum, Carol-Ann Tucana 3

Finally got around to modeling this. Why did I wait so long? My go-to amp model for lead tones now. Amazing sounding amp.

Is that Mr. Harper's Tucana??

I tried that for a few minutes and it made me debate going back to a tube amp.

I have to agree the Tucana 3 is a great amp!! I had owned the TripR which was a good amp too, then bought the TUCANA 3 about 4 months ago and it's one of my favorite amps! Will be very happy to see it included in the AXE ..

Hey Guys,

I was the hold up on this one, getting a schematic to Cliff.

Now I can only speak for the actual amp, but my preference of speaker is a Celestion Creamback 65, though I gig these regularly with a 2x12 with Celestion T75's. Its pretty forgiving on speakers compared with some models.

The foot controller and bias monitor are two of the wonderful features of the actual amp, but are both moot in the model......unless Cliff wants to model the effects of real world mains power fluctuations from place to place, but the 'green zone' of the bias monitor is 62-65% plate idle dissipation power and it measures and compensates for plate voltage and screen power , which means the real amp runs best at a slightly cooler bias. The bias monitor just allows you to set that consistently from venue to venue regardless of the main power.

that amp looks yummie…

in fact… I don't think I've come across a Carol Anne that I don't like..
they're all superb..

The TripTik Modern is my go-to lead amp in the Axe2 right now. I'm looking forward to giving the Tucana 3 a shot!

Terry.

Hey Guys,

I was the hold up on this one, getting a schematic to Cliff.

Now I can only speak for the actual amp, but my preference of speaker is a Celestion Creamback 65, though I gig these regularly with a 2x12 with Celestion T75's. Its pretty forgiving on speakers compared with some models.

The foot controller and bias monitor are two of the wonderful features of the actual amp, but are both moot in the model......unless Cliff wants to model the effects of real world mains power fluctuations from place to place, but the 'green zone' of the bias monitor is 62-65% plate idle dissipation power and it measures and compensates for plate voltage and screen power , which means the real amp runs best at a slightly cooler bias. The bias monitor just allows you to set that consistently from venue to venue regardless of the main power.

Thanks Alan! The bias monitor is an awesome feature.

An amp-maker who actively helps FAS model their amps. Wow. Makes me wanna buy a Carol Ann just out of principle :)

Ha ha...it makes sense. Much better than dumb clips played by someone else with completely different gear and playing style to you, how else could I get an amp out to 1000's of people via their internet connection so they can actually have an interactive experience with it, the number of professional players who have many rigs see the name too.
It's funny when I meet a pro who knows about my work only because of the Axe model.
People who think it hurts sales clearly don't understand the business. It sells amps, end of story.
It's in my best interest the models are as good as possible.
It also helps that Cliff is a close friend of mine and I trust him implicitly. He's a perfectionist, he wants the models to sound great as much as I do.

Everyone wins. Even if most of you guys will never buy the physical amp, you have at least got a better clue what they are about and there's nothing negative about that.

Ha ha...it makes sense. Much better than dumb clips played by someone else with completely different gear and playing style to you, how else could I get an amp out to 1000's of people via their internet connection so they can actually have an interactive experience with it, the number of professional players who have many rigs see the name too.
It's funny when I meet a pro who knows about my work only because of the Axe model.
People who think it hurts sales clearly don't understand the business. It sells amps, end of story.
It's in my best interest the models are as good as possible.
It also helps that Cliff is a close friend of mine and I trust him implicitly. He's a perfectionist, he wants the models to sound great as much as I do.

Everyone wins. Even if most of you guys will never buy the physical amp, you have at least got a better clue what they are about and there's nothing negative about that.

b6c0eb1fc7974f341fbcd0c38e39a138.jpg

That DOES make sense. I had never heard of Carol-Ann amps before its appearance as a model in the Axe. Still, kudos for figuring that out - and for amazing products, apparently :)

Really looking forward to welcoming the Tucana 3 to the family!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom