Dayum, Carol-Ann Tucana 3

If this has the same stuff going on as the other CA stuff, it's gonna be killer.

Soooooo... Where.... Is......... It? :)

most surprising thing for me is that Alan appears to come from the north of England (based on his accent in the recording). Can't quite tell, but maybe west of the Pennines? For some reason, I 've always associated the brand with the US of A.

Ha ha...it makes sense. Much better than dumb clips played by someone else with completely different gear and playing style to you, how else could I get an amp out to 1000's of people via their internet connection so they can actually have an interactive experience with it, the number of professional players who have many rigs see the name too.
It's funny when I meet a pro who knows about my work only because of the Axe model.
People who think it hurts sales clearly don't understand the business. It sells amps, end of story.
It's in my best interest the models are as good as possible.
It also helps that Cliff is a close friend of mine and I trust him implicitly. He's a perfectionist, he wants the models to sound great as much as I do.

Everyone wins. Even if most of you guys will never buy the physical amp, you have at least got a better clue what they are about and there's nothing negative about that.

Hi Alan & Cliff

This is a very smart collaboration, between crossed business views, and I love that. Behond that, a very friendly partnersip and exchange that makes me pleased. And what's more, we all take benefits from that !!

As I already said the AF2 helps me to discover many things, amps, cab, fx, etc. and push me to better work my instruments (5 guitars). One of the discovery I made, was the CA amps: all the tone, texture and response I love. A great value and no brainer & killer amps. If I want to re-invest one day in amps, for the price, that will be a Caroll Ann.
Thanks gentlemen for your great work.

Bruno

Whats the Tucana like? an OD2 with more gain?

That would be awesome because since a few firmwares back I could swear that the OD2 model seems to have lost a lot of gain and I have to boost it to where I like it

most surprising thing for me is that Alan appears to come from the north of England (based on his accent in the recording). Can't quite tell, but maybe west of the Pennines? For some reason, I 've always associated the brand with the US of A.

Spot on !! Ulverston in Cumbria, 20 or so miles west of the Yorkshire Dales (Pennines). However I am in the US now, in New Hampshire.

Ha ha...it makes sense. Much better than dumb clips played by someone else with completely different gear and playing style to you, how else could I get an amp out to 1000's of people via their internet connection so they can actually have an interactive experience with it, the number of professional players who have many rigs see the name too.
It's funny when I meet a pro who knows about my work only because of the Axe model.
People who think it hurts sales clearly don't understand the business. It sells amps, end of story.
It's in my best interest the models are as good as possible.
It also helps that Cliff is a close friend of mine and I trust him implicitly. He's a perfectionist, he wants the models to sound great as much as I do.

Everyone wins. Even if most of you guys will never buy the physical amp, you have at least got a better clue what they are about and there's nothing negative about that.

Very progressive! :)

Cliff and I live in the same area, knew of each other from the same live music scene and most importantly of all, we are both classic car owners and go to the same local car shows.
I do repairs for him on any amps he kills in the process of giving you guys these models and he has advised me greatly on some of the new microcontroller features I'm including in the CA amps. He's probably forgotten more than many amp builders actually know about electronic engineering and tube amp design. We have some really interesting conversations.

I am stoked about getting the new amp model and knowing you and Cliff have had a long time friendship is just bad ass. It's people like you and CLiff that allow us to have the tools to create the tones that are in our heads, and to you sir I thank you for that.

Back
Top Bottom