DAW recommendation

Rublalup

Inspired
Hello,

I’ve been having issues recording with reaper (pre 1.05 glitches And latency, 1.05 fm3 footswitches freeze, 1.06 latency... had to revert to 1.05 to record)

Support has told me to try a different daw but I reaper is the only one I have atm.

Any suggestions? I just do guitar tracks (most of the time just the dry input) and render wavs to the guy in my band that do the mixing.

Thanks a lot

Get an interface so you can just analog in

Not ideal as my “recording space” (big name for a laptop on the couch) is not very functional to add devices.

I also need the possibility of recording the dry and processed signal in different tracks

I've tried a few trials and lite versions and finally purchased Ableton 10. It's the only DAW that I didn't have to reconfigure each time I opened the program to use EZ Drummer, more than likely user error but I've had zero issues with Ableton. Intuitive, easy to configure and powerful.

I will try the new beta fw... if latency is corrected again and my unit doesn’t freeze I guess I can keep reaper

Ableton Live Lite is free and you have up to 8 channels. I got it with a keyboard workstation and ended up buying the full version. It is pretty intuitive, especially for just guitar or vocal recording. Tons of youtube tutorials. Good luck.

Hello,

I’ve been having issues recording with reaper (pre 1.05 glitches And latency, 1.05 fm3 footswitches freeze, 1.06 latency... had to revert to 1.05 to record)

Support has told me to try a different daw but I reaper is the only one I have atm.

Any suggestions? I just do guitar tracks (most of the time just the dry input) and render wavs to the guy in my band that do the mixing.

Thanks a lot
Mac or PC does have some bearing on your choices.....

Or you could try the new Firmware beta (beta 3)
They said they fixed the USB issues, so you don't need a change in DAW.
REAPER is great.

Hello,

Thanks a lot

I don't think support meant for you to acquire and learn a new DAW. I think they just meant for you to temporarily use another DAW as a troubleshooting experiment. In that case, just use something cheap and simple, like Studio One Prime. It's rather unlikely the DAW is the source of your trouble, so it's premature to give up on Reaper.

I don't think support meant for you to acquire and learn a new DAW. I think they just meant for you to temporarily use another DAW as a troubleshooting experiment. In that case, just use something cheap and simple, like Studio One Prime. It's rather unlikely the DAW is the source of your trouble, so it's premature to give up on Reaper.

Well, latency is fixed again with this beta. Issues seem less intense but still have them (tempo led going crazy, footswitches/screens not working)... at least it didn’t froze again

Thanks for your advice. Will definitely download cakewalk and see if the problems persist.

Back
Top Bottom