Wish DAW Plugin editor

As a starter for a smooth DAW integration, it would be very nice if the Axe-FX could send the data that is received from the Expression Pedals as MIDI CC through the USB and the MIDI Outputs. That would allow to record the CC data of the expression pedals for reamping purposes.

Since Roland/Boss MIDI gear has that feature, I currently have to do that by connecting the expression pedals to the Boss SY-1000 instead of the Axe-FX, send the CC to the Axe-FX with a MIDI cable fom the SY-1000 MIDI output, and record the MIDI CC at the DAW through the SY1000 USB (while simultaneouslly recording the audio form the Axe-FX USB)
However this wish is related only to the editor, so that's not applicable...

I typically just take a snapshot and store it in a folder for that track with specific notes detailing what section of the song and which guitar was used.

This implementation would make that task much easier.

Here - take my +1

However this wish is related only to the editor, so that's not applicable...

The court dismisses the petition on the grounds of a grave procedural error on the recording of the application

Season 5 Episode 20 GIF by The Simpsons

the workarounds of storing it...in a file on the computer (is) clumsy. The point of this wish is to avoid kludges like that.
That's not really kludge. That's how you work with not-plugins.

This is not the only way to do it, but it is one way I've seen people store analog settings in a DAW session:
https://non-lethal-applications.com/products/snapshot

Basically every DAW lets you store notes with the session, some let you store notes with the channels. You could easily use fractalbot to backup the preset, as it was used, to the project folder and then associate take names with syx file names via whatever notetaking is available. Or, worst case, you could do it in a text file or something.

It's not all that different from saving recall sheets.

That's not really kludge. That's how you work with not-plugins.

This is not the only way to do it, but it is one way I've seen people store analog settings in a DAW session:
https://non-lethal-applications.com/products/snapshot

Basically every DAW lets you store notes with the session, some let you store notes with the channels. You could easily use fractalbot to backup the preset, as it was used, to the project folder and then associate take names with syx file names via whatever notetaking is available. Or, worst case, you could do it in a text file or something.

It's not all that different from saving recall sheets.

Yes, I'm aware of that, and I mentioned saving .syx files in the OP. The point of this wish is to avoid the need to take measures like that. The point of all wishes is to suggest improvements that can make Fractal products easier and more rewarding to use, without regard for what people might consider the status quo for music production.

Yes, I'm aware of that, and I mentioned saving .syx files in the OP. The point of this wish is to avoid the need to take measures like that. The point of all wishes is to suggest improvements that can make Fractal products easier and more rewarding to use, without regard for what people might consider the status quo for music production.
Agreed.

I'm not necessarily opposed to the addition. I'm just not totally sure it's really worth the development effort.

Now...if the plugin also carried Audio via USB into the plugin (rather than using the Fractal as an audio interface)....that might be really cool.

As I already mentioned above, there is an alternative which would be a smaller development effort, yet would still be a valuable feature:

Also, while Axe-Edit in a plugin would be nice, considering how long this wish has languished, perhaps a smaller scale idea, where the plugin simply sends/receives a preset would be a more realistic objective. Any editing would still be the purview of the Axe-Edit app.

Back
Top Bottom