David Lee Roth Shares Previously Unheard Version Of Van Halen's 'Panama'

Well - I don't at all hear what's bad about it - sounds like classic Van Halen to me, ya - in a raw form, awesome nonetheless. You's r a tough crowd.😁

Music and lead vocals…. It’s not the music that’s weird. I will leave the other option to your imagination. Maybe, it’s just me. 🤫

You guys really ought to click that link out of this place and read the article before commenting. It answers
all the questions, so then we don't have to assume WHAT this is. :)

I can tell that is NOT Eddie and Alex or Michael on backing vocals.

You guys really ought to click that link out of this place and read the article before commenting. It answers
all the questions, so then we don't have to assume WHAT this is. :)
AFAIK, there has been no official explanation for this track. Maybe you’re confusing it with the orher DLR track he released, the one with John5?

The article doesn’t say when this was recorded or who’s playing, but it sounds similar to this performance by his Las Vegas band. Al Estrada on guitar.

Sounds like this was recorded much later, maybe recently.

Guitar and drums sound different, is this even the van’s performance? I don’t think so.
First thought after hearing also. The guitar playing doesn't sound like Eddie.

There is no way that is Eddie and old. This sounds like recent Dave....probably with the Vegas Band. I agree @GlennO .

You aint gonna improve on 1984. Leave it be......

Instead watch Wolfgang cover On Fire and Hot for Teacher at the Taylor Hawkins tribute. Who would have thought we'd get our EVH tribute at that show? Made my day.

MM

The article doesn’t say when this was recorded or who’s playing, but it sounds similar to this performance by his Las Vegas band. Al Estrada on guitar.

yeah, Al posted this over at RT saying they recently recorded it.. it was one take.

Thats cool watching Wolfie do those VH songs. He does it justice...there are moments there where in his playing and mannerisms he's channeling Ed

Back
Top Bottom