David Guilmour Ambience sound and Expression pedal control

There were a couple threads a while back about making a synth pad to solo over. One was by @2112 if you want to try a search. If I was starting from scratch I would probably do a synth into intel harm pitch block into a chorus and reverb maybe.

Glenn Delaune made some presets for various modellers with the “Sound on Sound” effect. Gilmour used the technique live. Basically super long delay with big washy reverb and maybe volume swell. I think it’s referenced on the Kit Rae or Gilmourish sites.

Mokes preset I will be checking out. I think he targets Delicate Sound of Thunder era tones

I would love a preset pack that can cover Echoes, Time, Shine On, Have a Cigar, Comfortably Numb, Another Brick Part 2.

In my mind theres 3 eras to Gilmours tone. The silicon fuzz face/colorsound era around Meddle. The Big Muff/Tube driver era peaking on the Wall. The later Division Bell/On an Island. I am probably in the minority for not liking his gear on Delicate Sound of Thunder or About Face.

In looking at Gilmour’s rig he preferred Fender Alembic/Dual Showman preamps at various times over the Hiwatt. I would love the Axe to add three amp support. I think I’d try running the rotary after a Fender style amp. I’ve seen people get close. Bobby Harrison released some presets from Brit Floyd awhile back.

Back to your question. I’d look at Glenn’s patches.

I need one ambience to control with expression pedal and other select a good guitar tone like David Gilmour.
Any ideia?

There were a couple threads a while back about making a synth pad to solo over. One was by @2112 if you want to try a search. If I was starting from scratch I would probably do a synth into intel harm pitch block into a chorus and reverb maybe.
Do you have any ideia to do the ambience pacth?

You could use a sequencer to get the chord changes, into a synth block, into a intel pitch block, then maybe a rotary and reverb. The fade in/attack of each note.. not sure. Someone smarter than me has a better chance

Attachments

• David Gilmour Shine Exp Pedal.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 59
:cool: I only messed with the 'Ambiance' part of the preset. And also set the bypass states of the Reverb and Delays to 'Mute Fx In' to preserve the trails when bypassing them.
Hi! This is my first post. Recently i bought a FX III... I use the frac tool to convert the preset.
My question is where i must insert the expression pedal (block chain).. --thank you very much endeed

Hi! This is my first post. Recently i bought a FX III... I use the frac tool to convert the preset.
My question is where i must insert the expression pedal (block chain).. --thank you very much endeed
Must see in the volume block what the expressions are... Must tweak to the 1 or 2 ... we’re you got insert your cable on expression pedal?

Even though this is an old thread I'd like to give a reply regarding the OP.

Gilmour to create that "pad" uses a parallel chain with just a volume pedal, a digital delay and another amp.
It is explained near the end of this article: http://www.gilmourish.com/?p=287

In fractal-land just place a delay at the end of the chain and attach the exp pedal to its input gain. Suggested delay time is 1500ms

Back
Top Bottom