David Gilmour "Sound on Sound" patch

Like it! I guess it is based on the EHX Freeze effect he uses in some live recordings. It is not quit the same as the EHX but I like this type of hold sounds. What is that clicking noise that I hear in the recording with every new chord?

think its my volume pedal not set up properly or i do get lots of interference in the room with single coils
not to sure
let me know if its coming from the patch when you try it

Will try the patch tomorrow. Sometimes the hold delay is causing click. Not sure if you use that in your patch? You might want to place this preset in the Axe exchange sub forum. Think we need more of those nice hold/loop patches. I also like the freeze pedal. It is hard recreate it exactly.

Tried the patch today. Really like what you have done with the hold effect in the multidelay. I also experience the same clicks that I hear on your recording. Not sure what it can be. I think the guitar sound itself is a little harsh. Not sure what causes this. Also you might want to try some noise gate. It is a bit noisy (too noisy for my taste). But I will tweak this preset to my taste and will have fun with it! thanks.

Tried the patch today. Really like what you have done with the hold effect in the multidelay. I also experience the same clicks that I hear on your recording. Not sure what it can be. I think the guitar sound itself is a little harsh. Not sure what causes this. Also you might want to try some noise gate. It is a bit noisy (too noisy for my taste). But I will tweak this preset to my taste and will have fun with it! thanks.

not at my axe at the moment but i changed the delay type which helped with the clicks
gonna reload it later tonight hopefully
the gate i try to avoid if i can
I appreciate the comments too

not at my axe at the moment but i changed the delay type which helped with the clicks
gonna reload it later tonight hopefully
the gate i try to avoid if i can
I appreciate the comments too

ok, thank you. I understand your point about the gate. I find almost all presets that I load from other users too noisy. Personally I can't stand too much noise. But that's a matter of taste of course. Some amp blocks tend too get noisy very quickly. Must be because of the real amp is noisy too?

Last edited:
For such a sophisticated patch, I was thinking it might sound less....ahm, vintage. Maybe a dreadnought guitar would fix that.

I'm a huge Gilmour fan and I must say you've done a bang up job with this! Thank you. This may well become one of my goto cleans!

I do notice that one of the cabs is set to User #34, which on my Axe is empty. What did you intend to go there so I can approximate?

Last edited:
I'm a huge Gilmour fan and I must say you've done a bang up job with this! Thank you. This may well become one of my goto cleans!

I do notice that one of the cabs is set to User #34, which on my Axe is empty. What did you intend to go there so I can approximate?

On holiday at the moment but I'm pretty sure it's the 1x12 cab from pete thorns preset pack

Back
Top Bottom