Legacy Presets David Gilmour - Echoes Sound

Third party presets or preset packs for sale for legacy Fractal Audio products.

Roby Rocks

Inspired
Vendor
For the series "The Sound of Gilmour" this time I tried to reproduce the Gilmour's sound from Echoes. I spent a lot of time to recreate the seagull effect. Gilmour do it with a Cry Baby with inverted cables... but with digital system there isn't possibile! So, after much time spent in research, documentation, tests and attempts... I think this is very closed.

I Played:
Fender Stratocaster (Black Strat Replica)

For the series "The Sound of Gilmour" this time I tried to reproduce the Gilmour's sound from Echoes. I spent a lot of time to recreate the seagull effect. Gilmour do it with a Cry Baby with inverted cables... but with digital system there isn't possibile! So, after much time spent in research, documentation, tests and attempts... I think this is very closed.

I Played:

Love it!! Seagulls perfection. You nailed that!

The Seagul sound is possible with Fractal audio in the same way Gilmour did it. Connect a cry baby in reverse and use a looper before you go into the Fractal unit. It works fine with the axe fx II. It will not work wit active (EMG) pickups.

Love it!! Seagulls perfection. You nailed that!
I created and shared a preset for echoes with the "seagull" long time ago, you can find the latest version here, for free.

I hope and assume it's not what he OP did but it wouldn't be too elegant to copy settings from someone else's presets and sell them.

Last edited:
I created and shared a preset for echoes with the "seagull" long time ago, you can find the latest version here, for free.
I hope and assume it's not what he OP did but it wouldn't be too elegant to copy settings from someone else's presets and sell them.
Hi! I didn't know your presets. I never saw that tread.
I created my presets spending a lot of time and with various tests and documenting myself on the equipment used by Gilmour.
There are a lot of people that try to simulate the Gilmour's tone... I am one.
My presets ARE NOT copies.

Hi! I didn't know your presets. I never saw that tread.
I created my presets spending a lot of time and with various tests and documenting myself on the equipment used by Gilmour.
There are a lot of people that try to simulate the Gilmour's tone... I am one.
My presets ARE NOT copies.
Ok no worries.
I just had the doubt when I saw your video cuz the seagull effect works pretty much identically in my preset and I've posted it several times including on axechange.
Never mind.

Ok no worries.
I just had the doubt when I saw your video cuz the seagull effect works pretty much identically in my preset and I've posted it several times including on axechange.
Never mind.
Yeah! ;-)
Thank you for watching my video :)
Yeah, for the seagull effect I play it with my real Cry Baby and I have tried to simulate the "response" and "character" with AX8.
First time I have tried with a Tremolo + Pitch block... then I have red a discussion about it, with same ideas and opinions, so I have tried to emulate seagull effect with Synth block... and is closed to the original ! :cool::cool::cool:
Refereces are: gilmourish, kitrae, this forum and my friend that helped me.
Thanks again
Bye ! ;)

I Played:

Beautiful playing and great sounds, Roby! I heard more Pompeii phrases than phrases from Meddle. Ah, to be a fly on the wall there and then, eh? :)

I've found the Digitech Freqout! pedal with the dry turned off works pretty good for this effect too, just step on it and select the octave/harmonic and how fast the effect fades in, and then you can use the pitch and delay blocks to modulate the sound a bit..

Here the list of scenes (in main post I missed it):

Scene 1 Clean sound (used in intro part)
Scene 2 Clean+Delay sound (used in verse part)
Scene 3 Overdrive (used in instrumental/bridge part)
Scene 4 Distortion (Fuzz Face used in main solo part)
Scene 5 Seagull Effect (used in ambient part)

Please note:
For best results use Fender Stratocaster or similar with SSS configuration (Single-Coils).

Back
Top Bottom