David Gilmour 5 A.M. Rattle That Lock (on progress)

Piing

Axe-Master

I am trying to tweak a patch for the song 5 A.M. from the new David Gilmour album Rattle That Lock but I am still quite far from it.

After trying several combinations now I am with AMP-216 Vibrato Lux and CAB-F091 2x12 Double Verb Mix. Any other suggestions for Cab and AMP?

I am also having difficulties to insert a compressor without killing the attack of the notes.

Here is my current scratch patch. Please, feel free to contribute with improvements or suggestions :)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46804116/5AM Vibrolux St V2.2.syx

DG is one of my favorite and influential musicians, been hearing him for over 27 years now and i dont particulary like this clean tone, its too compressed IMO, but if you want to get in that sound i suggest inset a comp after the cab block not before, use a medium attack setting with a quick release. The attack setting will determine the snap of the strings.

Ofcourse you will need a P90 guitar too, but if you dont have one use something with single coils and back out the tone pot halfway to fatten up the tone.

Muchas gracias por los comentarios, Nicolas. I will try your suggestions this evening.

I do not have a P90, only a strat with Dimarzio Area's and Ibanez with EVO's. I have inserted a parametric EQ at the front of the chain, but I will also try reducing the tone pot.

I am assuming that its played with the neck pickup, since it sounds too thin if I use the bridge position.

Saludos,

Manuel

Muchas gracias por los comentarios, Nicolas. I will try your suggestions this evening.

I do not have a P90, only a strat with Dimarzio Area's and Ibanez with EVO's. I have inserted a parametric EQ at the front of the chain, but I will also try reducing the tone pot.

I am assuming that its played with the neck pickup, since it sounds too thin if I use the bridge position.

Saludos,

Manuel

De nada Manuel, espero logres el sonido!

Here is the latest version. I have combined my patch with the Vibrolux patch from the amazing Fremen's collection. Thank U Fremen!

Now I am starting to like it, so I from now on I will focus more in making it sound good rather than reproducing an exact clone.

I still haven't looked into the delay or the reverb.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=B4ED9...E!3477&authkey=!AOP1UH5mveh92ok&action=locate

This version is using CAB OH 112 MAR-CX FANE SP2 from Own Hammer Marsh-UK collection on U044. One alternative is "008-Fender Knopflerish clean" from the free user cabs included at Fremen's collection.

Here is a test with a backing track that I've prepared. I'm sorry about the inaccurate playing, so far I've been more dedicated to tweaking than to playing it properly :lol.

I don't know how to explain this... Now I'm back to the preset that I used yesterday night to record that clip, and I've found that the CAB is set to F001 "1x06 OVAL". It was recorded using the Super Ovalus! not the Marshall 1974cx 1x12 cabinet with Fane speaker :lol :lol

Back to tweaking....

btw: wonderful speaker the egg-shaped.:encouragement:

Last edited:
Someone has reported a copyright infringement and my tests of the presets on Soundcloud have been removed :(

We’ve received a report that your track "5AM (David Gilmour) Test of Axe-FX Preset Ver-6" contains copyrighted content. As a result, your track has been removed from your profile for the time being.

If you receive three of these strikes, your SoundCloud account will be terminated in accordance with our Terms of Use. Copyright infringement is a serious matter, and we expect all SoundCloud users to respect other people’s copyright.

Piing, AWESOME tone. I was looking for something like this for a while.
I use the Area's series as well, BUT I installed a dual tone put (0-5 = 500K, 6-10 = 1M) and a BLEND pot that blends between the bridge & neck pickup, allowing me to dial in just a bit of bridge pickup with it.
It is a fabulous sound. I like the vira-lux with 1x6 oval the best.
Thanks for posting your patch, I want to hear the rest tooo!!!!!

Piin, what firmware did you use?
For patch "David Gilmour 5 A.M. Rattle That Lock"...... Q 7 / 8.00 / etc...

Hi. I am always updated to the latest firmware version, so it should be the firmware corresponding to October 2015.

I am traveling until the end of June. I will update the preset when I return.

Back
Top Bottom