David GiImour auctioning guitars. About time he gets an Axe-Fx III!

Piing

Axe-Master
Nooooo, why is he giving away the Black Strat? I urge myself to find some spare hundred thousand dollars. :grin:

Nooooo, why is he giving away the Black Strat? I urge myself to find some spare hundred thousand dollars. :grin:

That was a really wise decision because it'll raise much more money.
Like he said, it's just a tool. He has a master build of the black strat reissue that he'll keep and will do the same for him.

Wow. Those guitars are the makings of my inspiration to play guitar. Especially the black Strat and Goldtop (a tone everyone chased then and now on ABITW 2). Incredible. If I were a Bill Gates type, I’d be buying 5 or 6 of those. As it is, a recently retired cop and weekend warrior musician will stand by and watch history disappear into some corporate collection. Again. Damn.

On the plus side, hats off to a guy who puts his interests behind the needs of others. David has been doing this quietly for years.

Last edited:
That was a really wise decision because it'll raise much more money.
Like he said, it's just a tool. He has a master build of the black strat reissue that he'll keep and will do the same for him.

Yep, I read the interview. Yet, it's still a special guitar I wouldn't want to give away if I were him.

Who said he doesn't have an Axe-Fx?

Seems like he has been secretly using the Axe-FX Standard for years:
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/thre...mour-caution-axe-fx-adult-staff-inside.56748/
;)

What they show:
D.Gilmour_Pink%20Floyd%20'94.jpg

What they don't show:
gilmour2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Those guitars are the makings of my inspiration to play guitar. Especially the black Strat and Goldtop (a tone everyone chased then and now on ABITW 2). Incredible. If I were a Bill Gates type, I’d be buying 5 or 6 of those. As it is, a recently retired cop and weekend warrior musician will stand by and watch history disappear into some corporate collection. Again. Damn.

On the plus side, hats off to a guy who puts his interests behind the needs of others. David has been doing this quietly for years.

Please let it NOT be a Bill Gates type. The one thing I'd hate to see is for all these iconic guitars to disappear behind glass instead of continuing to be used.

Please let it NOT be a Bill Gates type. The one thing I'd hate to see is for all these iconic guitars to disappear behind glass instead of continuing to be used.
Unfortunately, with the prices these auctions command, I’d anticipate most of these instruments have seen a stage for the last time. That is a shame, as I’m sure David would get a kick out of knowing new music was being written and performed on them.

We can always hope they will follow the Les Pauls of the two Peters (Green & Frampton) and go on to play many more gigs!

Agreed - One of the things I love about Joe Bonamassa. I can't even guess the value of all his vintage guitars and amps - but he takes them all on the road and plays them every night. Hopefully someone will do the same with these guitars.

Back
Top Bottom