David Bowie Let`s Dance delay-

Playing this song in a 80`s cover set in a week and was wondering if anyone has a tried to get the rythmguitar delay right from it?
I am Close but I am having trouble getting the delay to cut of at the right time(Not trailing away longer if you get what I mean)
For the main tone I just use Tyler Grund`s SRV preset and a Suhr strat on the neck/middle inbetween setting, Works great!

Maybe somebody could post a delayblock for it? would be very thankful :)

I play in a David Bowie tribute called "BowieVision". It sounds like you have a SRV patch you like, so I'll skip my amp / cab / effect settings other than delay. For the rhythm part I use two delays on parallel chains: (1) a 168 ms slapback and (2) a straight-forward 1/8 note (tap tempo) delay with the mix and repeats adjustable on the fly via an external controller. During the count-in, I tap the delay time. My patch has the delay 2 mix starting at 10% mix, with the ducker at 10%. Once we get past the D7 chord in the intro, I bring up more of the delay to suit the mix. It varies from room to room, and in larger venues I find there is usually another (less musically useful) delay coming back from the room itself.

For the solo sections, I switch to another scene with slightly higher gain settings on the amps, more of the delay 1 slapback, plus a plate reverb. I use the delay 2 to make the solo sound "big", but for the solo scene I use a scene controller to set the ducker at about 17%, which keeps the delay 2 from cluttering up the sound, but still gives a nice "bloom" at the end of phrases.

I tend to prefer the tone of the tape delay in general, but for this 1/8 delay application I like the sharper fidelity of the digital delay.

Here's a link to a promo video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYjiIr-ooGk

I play in a David Bowie tribute called "BowieVision". It sounds like you have a SRV patch you like, so I'll skip my amp / cab / effect settings other than delay. For the rhythm part I use two delays on parallel chains: (1) a 168 ms slapback and (2) a straight-forward 1/8 note (tap tempo) delay with the mix and repeats adjustable on the fly via an external controller. During the count-in, I tap the delay time. My patch has the delay 2 mix starting at 10% mix, with the ducker at 10%. Once we get past the D7 chord in the intro, I bring up more of the delay to suit the mix. It varies from room to room, and in larger venues I find there is usually another (less musically useful) delay coming back from the room itself.

For the solo sections, I switch to another scene with slightly higher gain settings on the amps, more of the delay 1 slapback, plus a plate reverb. I use the delay 2 to make the solo sound "big", but for the solo scene I use a scene controller to set the ducker at about 17%, which keeps the delay 2 from cluttering up the sound, but still gives a nice "bloom" at the end of phrases.

I tend to prefer the tone of the tape delay in general, but for this 1/8 delay application I like the sharper fidelity of the digital delay.

Very Impressive!!!!

wow what a great band !! sounds awesome ... would gladly pay to see a concert :)

Hey Yek! The delay preset is great, thank you! Wondering if you have and could post the solo preset for the AX8? The one for the solo you posted was for the AXE fx. Would appreciate it, thanks man!

Back
Top Bottom