Dark stage solutions

Jberg

Any good solutions for finding your footswitches in the dark? I stole a couple glow in the dark stars from my daughter's ceiling to try at our next rehearsal

ZenRigs glow in the dark labels look like a good option, but I don't have any need for the labels themselves, just the glow in the dark feature. How well does this work for you guys?

I'd consider a powered solution to avoid the risk of the glow in the dark stickers not getting charged up, I've heard of using a small LED book light, but I don't want to add too much light to the stage.

Any other suggestions?

Definitely the next version should have status led rings around the switches.....
Like others ;)

Don't get the Barefoot Button Glowcaps. They are a waste of money.

I am a fan of their other products though.

I use a small LED strip section attached to the bar above the footswitches. Wired it to use the green light and plugged it into the power supply on my board.

JNfV0ia.jpg

Thanks for the suggestions, definitely going to looking into the glow in the dark tape, didn't even know that was a thing!

I use a small LED strip section attached to the bar above the footswitches. Wired it to use the green light and plugged it into the power supply on my board.

Very interesting idea. Got any pictures that show how you wired it?

It's pretty crude, I've only needed it on a couple of occasions, but I soldered two wires (conveniently had black and green wire) to a 9v power cable > Black to +, Green to -
Then used 4-pin LED connectors (+12V, G, R, B) and soldered the new power cable Black to the White wire, Green to Green on one connector.
On the LED side > White to +12V, Green to G. I cut the Red and Blue on both connectors so only the Green is illuminated.
I connect it to the power supply under the board and use electrical tape to attach the LED strip to the bar on the AX8.

kxFrxb9.jpg

Any good solutions for finding your footswitches in the dark? I stole a couple glow in the dark stars from my daughter's ceiling to try at our next rehearsal

ZenRigs glow in the dark labels look like a good option, but I don't have any need for the labels themselves, just the glow in the dark feature. How well does this work for you guys?

I'd consider a powered solution to avoid the risk of the glow in the dark stickers not getting charged up, I've heard of using a small LED book light, but I don't want to add too much light to the stage.

Any other suggestions?

I haven't found a glow tape that lasted long enough in a show.

I did have good luck aiming a black light at the glow tape. Made it visible without distracting the audience.

Also check out music stand lights. They tend to be aimable.

It's pretty crude, I've only needed it on a couple of occasions, but I soldered two wires (conveniently had black and green wire) to a 9v power cable > Black to +, Green to -
Then used 4-pin LED connectors (+12V, G, R, B) and soldered the new power cable Black to the White wire, Green to Green on one connector.
On the LED side > White to +12V, Green to G. I cut the Red and Blue on both connectors so only the Green is illuminated.
I connect it to the power supply under the board and use electrical tape to attach the LED strip to the bar on the AX8.

Simple but effective, thanks for taking the time share!

I haven't found a glow tape that lasted long enough in a show.

I did have good luck aiming a black light at the glow tape. Made it visible without distracting the audience.

Also check out music stand lights. They tend to be aimable.

That's some good info about the glow in the dark tape, I really like the idea of a black light, I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

I feel this is one of the things on the AX8 that was overlooked by FAS... not sure why. The other thing I don't like is the fact that you can't see the labeling on any of the quick knobs in the dark, especially with the screen glowing as bright as it does. It would have been nice to have it backlight.

Back
Top Bottom