Dark Mode for the Forum?

mr_fender

Axe-Master
Are there any options for a dark mode theme for this version of the forum? I did some digging in my account preferences but didn't see anything there. I'm one of the few who still prefers to surf the web on a desktop browser. A dark mode theme with light text on a dark background would be a nice option to have. I've always found that easier on the eyes for extended reading on a screen.

On a somewhat related note, are there any good recommended forum mobile apps (Android please) that work well with this forum or is a mobile browser (Chrome) the way to go?

I prefer a desktop as well. Not sure what browser you are using, but I'm using an extension called Dark Reader that is awesome!
I'm using it with Vivaldi for a browser, which allows the use of Chrome extensions, which is where I found Dark Reader.

One of the few? I can't internet worth shit on a phone. Desktop or laptop wherever I can. Maybe this forum supports individual skins? I remember forums which had that ability.

Plus 1 for Dark Mode. Use it on every site I can, love to have the option here.

Step in the right direction. The page background is nice and dark, but the post windows all still have white backgrounds though, not grey like in your screenshot. I'm using Chrome V.87 on Windows 10.

Any chance for white text on a black background?

For me (on MS Edge), the Fractal [Dark] theme changed the border around the content but the body of the pages are the same - black on white.

Yup, same white boxes for me, only the background became dark.
Brave browser on android.

PS: imho tgp did it right and I think they use xenforo too

Step in the right direction. The page background is nice and dark, but the post windows all still have white backgrounds though, not grey like in your screenshot. I'm using Chrome V.87 on Windows 10.

Any chance for white text on a black background?
Well @MABCoast complained about the very dark dark mode.

Can't please anyone.

PS: imho tgp did it right and I think they use xenforo too
TGP charges people to use it so they get to pay professional designers to build their forum theme.

If anyone has experience with Xenforo and making a theme "dark mode" and wants to volunteer some time, I'd be grateful.

Back
Top Bottom