DAR FORZA CLONE

RackAddict

Previous handle "Djenter"
And hopefully is some consolation for those who waited, and waited and waited but never got the goods...

This was the source sound and the tone match is based on the tone 30 seconds into the clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jkhMwix31M

This took a hell of alot more than running the tone match... it was modding the 5153 block endlessly. I was not expecting the tightness to be this close. But this took alot of work.

This is meant for Firmware 14 + Series. And I referenced with D-activator Pickups in An Ibanez K7. You will get tighter sound with a longer scale length. Do not go too thick on the strings. Its not necessary. Especially if you are on longer scale length.

Attachments

• DARForza1960b(2).syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Thanks for sharing. Look forward to checking it out.

No prob, I almost sent him money too. But realized that lots of people still have deposits sent and are still waiting for years. After trying one last time to match the percussive type of attack with the axe fx 2, I have now reasoned with this result that the money is better spent on maybe a high wattage solid state head and feed this amp block with power amp sim engaged to the fx return for my stage monitoring. This tone is close enough.

The main deal I want is to figure out a way to take away that nasal-ness. That seems to be the toughest part. I realize the patch might still have that nasal quality which is hard to avoid.

The main deal I want is to figure out a way to take away that nasal-ness. That seems to be the toughest part. I realize the patch might still have that nasal quality which is hard to avoid.

Feed the patch a riff with the looper and then place a PEQ block after the tone match block with a deep cut and narrow q and sweep the frequency until you find the offending freq band. Probably somewhere in the 1k range.

Ok well this can be tweaked more or less to come very close. I really wish those massive tubes would be modeled tho. Those tubes are supposed to be the tightest sounding tubes... the DAR guy told me on the phone they allow the most percussive possible sound especially in bass frequencies... i forget the name of those tubes tho. That is some extremely authentic stuff.

Ok well this can be tweaked more or less to come very close. I really wish those massive tubes would be modeled tho. Those tubes are supposed to be the tightest sounding tubes... the DAR guy told me on the phone they allow the most percussive possible sound especially in bass frequencies... i forget the name of those tubes tho. That is some extremely authentic stuff.

Well, the guys at DAR ended up being scam artists, so I wouldn't put too much stock in the things they claimed. I'm sure that the AFX can duplicate anything the Forza does.

I'm sure that the AFX can duplicate anything the Forza does.
+1. I have faith in the AFX :)
Try re-doing the tone match but in the initial preset doing the old low cut (or more drastically a "frown" curve at the front end) trick to increase tightness with gain.

Just a thought as I haven't tried the patch yet, but as you described it being nasally & you wanna get rid of that, the very first thing that comes to mind is try different cabs, or make a combo of cabs. Try different mic's or no mic's.. But I'd start in there then if that fails go back to the amp block or like stated above throw a PEQ or two in there.

From what I hear, there are a fair amount of cabs that have a lot of nasal in them.. A cab makes a HUGE difference.

Well, the guys at DAR ended up being scam artists, so I wouldn't put too much stock in the things they claimed. I'm sure that the AFX can duplicate anything the Forza does.

I wouldn't go as far as saying scam. Its just that you have to wait years for him to build you an amp because that's how long it takes to build one of those amps. That's why people are mad... its just a bit longer of a wait than people expected.

Download my patch, and then tweak it to get it as tight and percussive as you can... im still working on it. And then compare carefully to the Fredrick thodenal youtube sample. It is very hard to match that sound man. the DAR guy has a proprietary thing on the circuitry.

I wouldn't go as far as saying scam. Its just that you have to wait years for him to build you an amp because that's how long it takes to build one of those amps. That's why people are mad... its just a bit longer of a wait than people expected.
LOL. You must be naive and/or a newb to boutique one man high gain amp shops.

From another forum:
6 amps were sent out in total. A bunch of people pre-ordered and are still trying to get refunds. Mike disappeared for good around a year ago.

Last edited:
Yeah. You may not say scam artists, but I certainly would. There is no amp that takes long enough to build that the delays they've had at this point could be considered even close to acceptable. And that's not even going into the fact that they have, at this point, chosen to fall off the face of the earth with a bunch of customers' money.

Back
Top Bottom