Danza/Glass Cloud anyone?

For those weird dissonant sounds he does w/ Danza, I figured out that you can use an Octave Distortion in the Drive Block. You can get pretty close with it. Use an Exp Pedal to control the mix of it.

I will ask Josh if he minds sharing a patch or two.
Translation to the II will take using your ears though.

I had asked Josh this exact same question right when Danza III was coming out. This was his reply, verbatim:

"no pedals or tube screamers at all on danza 3. just used the invader 150 running through an orange HP 4x12 cab. mic's used, 57, and a 421. 57 off axis and the 421 on axis. all the bright came from the 421 while the body of the tone came from the 57. hope this helps bro!"

Josh kicks ass. Awesome dude, awesome tone. Support his bands!

I was considering trying to do a tone match of the intro sound from "You Won't" (I love using weird tones like that for intros, breaks and lead ins), but then I realized I'd need to be able to try and play it... :(

I'm having a go at the danza tone. I'm lucky to own the rg 2228 model, wich Josh is also using. I tried to implement the sm57/421 tip from the studio,

but it's hard because his guitar tone has got this very distinct guitarbody-flavour to it. I really love his tone!

I started out with this: Axe-Change - Download Preset - DC 8 Strings - by duguy

And ended up with this: Axe-Change - Download Preset - DC 8 Strings7 - by Cobrango

So then I made this demonstration:

The playing sucks, this is only a demonstration to show my go at the danza tone. I don't know if it's any good, it's just what I've got so far.

Dude is sick... Sae him live in Evansville, IN. Was a great performance and show. Iwrestledabearonce was there as well... A lot of Axe FX Ultras on stage that night!

Back
Top Bottom