AFIII Dangerous But Worth the Risk - Warren DeMartini Solo

diezel013

Inspired
Just learned this bad boy... I'd heard this song a couple of times before and loved the riffs, but decided to give the solo a go. Gotta love Warren's amazing phrasing. I didn't really spend much time trying to get Warren's tone, but I might work on that here in the next couple of weeks.

At least for the meanwhile, I thought I'd share the preset (John Petrucci rig) I used in case anyone wanted it, but I still have a little bit of work to do. So recently I was thinking of how I could make the most of my Axe FX III unit, all while using the same preset. I got an A/B box for my board, and hooked it up to inputs 1 & 2. Using the multiplex tool and the A/B box I'm able to switch between a two separate rigs (tentatively a clean/dirty rig) without ANY delay/lag. When gigging, I have so many presets, and as much as they sound great, it can be slightly choppy when switching between different sounds. By using the A/B box to split the preset into two rigs, I do realize I might be using a bit more CPU within a preset, but so far it's worked great, and simply allows for a better workflow (at least for me personally).

In the works, I have a Hendrix rig, Pagey rig, B May rig, Lifeson rig, Schenker rig, EVH rig, EJ rig, Malmsteen rig and many more that I intend to share with you once they sound right to my ears. Then again, I don't claim for these to be identical copies, but something reflective of their trademark sound, and something that allows for you to access the signature effects associated with some of their most iconic tunes.

Cheers, Diego 🎼

Attachments

• JP RIG (in progress).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 17
Back
Top Bottom