Danelectro D59 and "Cavernous".

Love them tones, yo. The kind where I don't need to hear any other instruments. One guitar can breathe and create an atmosphere on its own. Great demo!

LOVE those guitars. If I had a boy, I might name him Dano. Nice playing here.
I've got a new black "Jimmy Page" D-59 that I'd happily trade for an orange one like that!!!

Danelectro guitars are great and special guitars.

Love the tones that Lianne Havas gets out of her '64 Danelectro Silvertone.

What's your take on these Dano's Brett? Pretty descent neck, frets, etc. considering the price tag? THe one thing that I'm wondering about is the bridge having to be raised to restring the guitar- at least that's what read.

Dig the playing and videos as always...

Straight up I have to say that the restringing hassle is a bad oversight made during their otherwise successful attempt to upgrade the bridge, which, it has to be said, is a vast improvement on the traditional offering. But that's the only fault I can pin a tail on.

The Dano is a unique sounding instrument. Wirey, stringy, resonant, not at all 'high output', and very rewarding if you approach it and use it for what it is, not for what it isn't. The necks on these latest releases are super comfortable and quick thanks partly to what feels like a 12-16" radius. My example (which I bought online from Music Zoo, NYC) is dead straight with good and tidy fretwork and that solid metal nut. They've added a truss rod which must make a world of difference as well.

The street price on these machines is often less than US$400. To me, that makes them the best bargain buy since the Squier '51's back in 2004. Both are unique, great sounding guitars that will stand the test of time and inspire the player. Both play an important part in my collection alongside guitars 'worth' 20 times as much. That's a good thing, I reckon.

What's your take on these Dano's Brett? Pretty descent neck, frets, etc. considering the price tag? THe one thing that I'm wondering about is the bridge having to be raised to restring the guitar- at least that's what read.

Dig the playing and videos as always...

Damn, beautiful tone and playing man. :encouragement: I may have to pick one of those Danos up myself. Thanks for sharing!

LOVE those guitars. If I had a boy, I might name him Dano. Nice playing here.
I've got a new black "Jimmy Page" D-59 that I'd happily trade for an orange one like that!!!

You know, you could probably sell that JP and buy three or four of the new ones with the proceeds. "Dano" - great name! Reminds me of the old Hawaii Five-O. :)

Straight up I have to say that the restringing hassle is a bad oversight made during their otherwise successful attempt to upgrade the bridge, which, it has to be said, is a vast improvement.....

Thanks for the reply Brett. I used to own a vintage Dano (forget the model number) that I let go because the neck couldn't be adjusted enough to get it more playable. They do indeed have a unique sound (I go straight to Page's tunes/tone) and I've always loved the look- that orange you have is killer. The issue with restringing and the bridge bugs me big time, although I would likely keep the strings on for a year or more at a time.. I'm likely going to go for one of these. Can't beat the price.. thanks amigo.

Back
Top Bottom