Dallas TX - Guitar Show - How is it?

BBN

Fractal Fanatic
Anyone that has been to this show, just looking for an opinion on how Sunday is?
I'm from Boston, but have to fly to Texas for work the same week.
I have a gig on New Hampshire on Saturday night, and am planning on flying out at 5am Sunday morning so I can hit the show late morning on Sunday.

My question (to anyone who has been to the Dallas guitar show) is....are all the dealers still there in full force on Sunday?
Some guitar shows really 'peak' on Saturday, and Sunday has 'less' dealers and folks really trying to get out the door and get to their home states.

Just looking for some insight as to how Sunday is going to be (and if I should be rushing to get to TX for this show). I have to be in TX on Monday anyway, so I figure it 'should' be worth it to just fly out as early as possible to try and hit this expo.

Any insight appreciated....

You need to get there early on Sun. I have found some of the dealers start packing up and pulling out sun afternoon. It is still worth it though. I went one year on Sun and it wasn't as cool as Sat.
I am waiting to see what day Andy Timmons plays and will probably go that day. For me i hope its Sat.
But that's just my thing.

Thanks for the info.

My plane should land around 9am....so it's straight to the rental car desk, and then right to the show.....so hope to be there when the doors open at 10am.

Just went to see if they listed schedules yet. Not yet, BUT they added Eric Johnson!!!
You shouldnt have any problem getting there from DFW at that time light traffic.
You will enjoy it!!!
Look for the tall cigar shaped hotel Renaissance Dallas Hotel. Its right next door to Market Hall.

Last edited:
It's a lot of fun. You'll see a ton of vintage axes that cost more than some houses.

Also what's entertaining are the crazy off-brand Japanese axes from the 60's.

Oh, last year there was a booth dedicated to guitars of the Soviet era. In Soviet Russia the guitar plays you ;-)

"Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!"

-Vinz Clortho, Keymaster of Gozer

My favorite part of the whole Ghostbusters thing lol!!!

"Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!"

-Vinz Clortho, Keymaster of Gozer

My favorite part of the whole Ghostbusters thing lol!!!

My favorite line:

Ray: "Where do these stairs go?"

Venkman: "They go up!"

Next favorite line...

Venkman (to the mayor) "If I'm wrong, nothing happens! We go to jail - peacefully, quietly. We'll enjoy it! But if I'm right, and we can stop this thing... Lenny, you will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters."

Another good one...

Ray: listen! Do you smell that?

Another classic!!!

Dr Ray Stantz: Everything was fine with our system until the power grid was shut off by dickless here.
Walter Peck: They caused an explosion!
Mayor: Is this true?
Dr. Peter Venkman: Yes it's true.
[pause]
Dr. Peter Venkman: This man has no dick.
Walter Peck: Jeez!
[Charges at Venkman]
Mayor: Break it up! Hey, break this up! Break it up!
Walter Peck: All right, all right, all right!
Dr. Peter Venkman: Well, that's what I heard!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonder if it will still happen after today's tornados.
It will... it's bidness as usual!
However, the Arlington Guitar show has always been much better IMHO, so that I no longer visit the Dallas one anymore. YMMV.

I went last year. Walked into the show and the first booth I stopped at was the Strictly 7 booth and the owner Jim Lewis was there. I just played his guitars for three days...
If he's there again this year, I will do the same. HAHA.
Im going to ask him now that I think about it.
Sunday is weird because all the dealers are tired and ready to split.

You will be tempted to buy gear. It's like letting a hungry dog loose in a butcher shop. Leave the credit card at home if you don't want to be paying a bill ;-)

Luckily I just made my new guitar purchase for the year (Fender American Vintage 57 Surf Green Strat. Yum!!!) so the desire to load up on gear has been sated. I'll probably pick up a few Couch Straps if they're for sale there this year, though.

Thanks for the insight guys.
Sunday sounds similar to how the Philly guitar show is....dealers are tired and somtimes anxious to get out the door. But definitely sounds worth it to me as I have to be in TX for Monday.

Booked my flight....5:45 am. The chain of events will be - Gig Sat night -> home to shower and grab luggage -> get to airport -> try to take nap on the plane -> Dallas Guitar show.

If you see a guy walking around that looks like he got 15 minutes of sleep in 24 hours.....it's probably me.

Back
Top Bottom