DADFBD and the Bassman

Open tunings lead to a lot more interesting places musicially IMO, and this is a great example of that. Everything sounds so thick and lush, and dissonant phrases sound so much more at home.

Cool tones, tune & playing. Always interested in alternate tunings but I should probably get the hang of standard first.

I really like this. I visualize a rather dark scene towards the end of a film about a lonely sheep herder. Our herder has a tragic accident out in the pasture and is left slowly dying and unable to move. With no other human around to offer any sort of direction for the sheep... and, because the sheep have formed a sort of co-dependent bond with their human guide... the flock aimlessly wander, but never stray too far from their dying herder, for, they've never had to make any decisions on their own and thus don't know what to do. The camera cuts back and forth between the man, the sheep, and the idyllic pastures surrounding them all...

I really like this. I visualize a rather dark scene towards the end of a film about a lonely sheep herder. Our herder has a tragic accident out in the pasture and is left slowly dying and unable to move. With no other human around to offer any sort of direction for the sheep... and, because the sheep have formed a sort of co-dependent bond with their human guide... the flock aimlessly wander, but never stray too far from their dying herder, for, they've never had to make any decisions on their own and thus don't know what to do. The camera cuts back and forth between the man, the sheep, and the idyllic pastures surrounding them all...

A new budding writer ( in grass ), with sheep ... lol !...

sheki ... nice , good job !

Last edited:
Thanks Viking, guitarzpt, steverosburg, Zelja and Marcmesa for the kinds comments and for listening.
Open tunings lead to a lot more interesting places musicially IMO, and this is a great example of that. Everything sounds so thick and lush, and dissonant phrases sound so much more at home.
Thx, and very well put. Alt tunings are also great when you feel a little stale and youre writing has been dull.
I love the parts where you get things really unstable.
Me2. Like any guitarist, I want things to sound like they're about to completely come apart.
Good tone man! very "bell" like and beautiful. Very cool with the chorus/flanger on too.
I alternated between combinations of chorus (mix ony at 10%), Phaser and rotary.
Cool tones, tune & playing. Always interested in alternate tunings but I should probably get the hang of standard first.
Why? I haven't.
Pretty brilliant. Although the short version would have been "was this a song about your kids?"

very cool,

I currently have my danelectro in a 5 string D A D missing B E, with a 'Nashville tuning' set of strings (D A D are an octave higher than on a normal set),

and my P90 Italia is in D A D A A D, very celtic! :)

p.s.
there seems to be a bit of bass buildup ~150Hz

Back
Top Bottom