D'Addario Backline Backpack

Update:

I am able to put the FM3, FC12, and ME expression pedal in the bag. Still have room at top after the expression pedal is loaded. Also have a mic, cables, strings, etc. in the outer pouches.

If you are worried about scratches to the Fractal gear (these are made to step on) disregard. However, You can use the pouch dividers as padding if needed.
Nice! I wince a little bit at how tightly all that gear is jammed together, but it looks like a comfy fit for an FC-12 and an expression pedal or two. Did you have to remove the cable dividers to make that work?

Nice! I wince a little bit at how tightly all that gear is jammed together, but it looks like a comfy fit for an FC-12 and an expression pedal or two. Did you have to remove the cable dividers to make that work?
The fit is a little snug with the FM3 and FC12 back-to-back but that actually keeps them for shifting around. I was able to keep two cable dividers at bottom.

With the fit of the FM3, FC12, pedal there still a large open space on the inside to store more stuff. Was able to add Nektar Ex pedal and still have room for other stuff.

In the big side pouches I can fit a few XLR, 1/4 and patch cables. The front pouches have room for strings, cell, etc.

Currently, just carrying the FM3, cables, straps and picks (!) I'm using a laptop carrying case. After finding this thread it occurred to me that some tool bags that I have could be a reasonable answer if more gear is added. So out of the gear closet they came. This bag was bought years ago (for music paraphernalia) so probably all prices are higher but they are a very sturdy alternative, but not a backpack that allows hands free travel. However this bag is easily fitted across my shoulder and partially across the back which allows for a light weight amp and guitar to be transported in one shot, saving multiple trips for handling other gear.

This particular bag (and I'm not endorsing this brand) will not support the FC12 at 20" but at 11 1/2 " wide will carry an FC6 and FM3 and cables and plenty of snacks. It can be slung over the shoulder or carried by the strong handle. There are a slew of 'tool bags' that offer wheels, various sizes, shapes and configurations. In my estimation tool bags are a very feasible alternative to what may be offered at online music retailers. Tool bags are generally heavy duty and are meant to support weight and afford good protection for our precious gear of which it seems there is never a day that goes by without having a bout of G.A.S.

Attachments

• FM3 transport_1.jpg
    FM3 transport_1.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 30
  • FM3 transport 3.jpg
    FM3 transport 3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29
  • FM3 transport 4.jpg
    FM3 transport 4.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • FM3 transport 5.jpg
    FM3 transport 5.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 28
  • FM3 transport 6.jpg
    FM3 transport 6.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
Update:

I am able to put the FM3, FC12, and ME expression pedal in the bag. Still have room at top after the expression pedal is loaded. Also have a mic, cables, strings, etc. in the outer pouches.

If you are worried about scratches to the Fractal gear (these are made to step on) disregard. However, You can use the pouch dividers as padding if needed.
Thanks for the pics. Cool bag but with the FC12 it's all too squished and scratch-prone looking, for me.

Could you get the fm3 and an Seymour Duncan 700 (stereo power amp) in there with some divider between them? Looks like yes but if anyone could confirm I'd appreciate it.

The SD700 is flatter than the fm3 and a hair smaller.

Thanks for the pics. Cool bag but with the FC12 it's all too squished and scratch-prone looking, for me.
The scratching issue could be prevented with a bit of closed-cell foam between the gear.

To me, the intriguing application of this is an FC-12 and a couple of expression pedals, with room for a tool kit, cables, and a lot more.

The scratching issue could be prevented with a bit of closed-cell foam between the gear.

To me, the intriguing application of this is an FC-12 and a couple of expression pedals, with room for a tool kit, cables, and a lot more.
Added a long piece of foam for protection (see it sticking out between FC12 and FM3) - see the large gap inside on between FC12/FM3 and bag. A place for expression pedals. You could wrap a towel around the FC12 and still have room. There is still room between the FM3 and bag itself for additional protection if you needed it. Also, forget to mention the large pouch on back for laptop or more cables, etc. Along with the large inside compartment it also has 5 outer pouches.

It works for me and provides plenty of space for extras.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 33
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 34
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 33
That’s unfortunate. I thought it would be big enough.
It is, just for the FM3, and some separated components.

As I integrated all my stuff on a "plug and play" board, the board won't fit. I checked the dimensions before ordering but it turns out that the inner dimensions in the upper angles are lower than indicated in the product specs. The height of the specs is true in the centre of the bag only. Nice product though but I returned it and bought the gator 1518 bag that's bigger, quite rugged and costs only 39 Euros.

It is, just for the FM3, and some separated components.

As I integrated all my stuff on a "plug and play" board, the board won't fit. I checked the dimensions before ordering but it turns out that the inner dimensions in the upper angles are lower than indicated in the product specs. The height of the specs is true in the centre of the bag only. Nice product though but I returned it and bought the gator 1518 bag that's bigger, quite rugged and costs only 39 Euros.
Ah, I thought you were just looking for a bag to cram the stuff into. When you lay it out on a board, that's more demanding of space. :(

Ah, I thought you were just looking for a bag to cram the stuff into. When you lay it out on a board, that's more demanding of space. :(
Sure, but regarding the specified dimensions it should have fit...anyway.

Thanks for this, certanily gonna look at getting one. I've just got a Rockboard 4 for my FC6, EV1 and OCD switch and the FM3 I plan to have on top of my CLR's behind me so this back can carry the FM3 and all the other gig stuff.

The Mono what? Mono doesn't make a bag that will fit an FC-12.
I really wish they would. Even my Mono backpack (I forget what it was called) won't fit an FC-12. I've been hanging on to it but I think I'm going to post it here for sale. I know my luck though. As soon as I do, I'll need it for something.

Good question. I've never had my hands on the D'Addario bag, so I'll sit this one out.
I was meaning how do the two compare as utility backpacks, not specifically for fc12

This bag makes a perfect utility bag or travel bag. Plenty of room for many things. The front and back pouches also have extra inside slots. There are panels inside that you can remove to make the area bigger or move the panels around for a custom fit. Plan to us this bag for traveling purpose as well.

Back
Top Bottom