Dad Jokes

I’d say there have been a few house parties back in the day that got a little carried away lol 🥳 🤖 😆
My Dad's story. Seems when he was in college (drinking age was 18) he had an end-of-summer party with some friends at his home. No one knew the wiser until Grandpa later the following month was cleaning out the gutters and found numerous beer bottles that had been tossed up onto the roof and rolled into them. When questioned, Dad said he knew nothing of how the bottles got there, but admitted that the guests did drink beer.

I don't know of any disciplinary action Grandpa took, but it likely resulted in some extra household chores for a week's time...(car washing, lawn mowing with a push blade mower, assisting Gram putting out/bringing in the laundry off the clothesline, etc...)

I used to mow our yard with the old push blade mower. It really did a nice job we used to take it to the hardware to get the blades sharpened. That was many moons ago.

A perfect summer day is when the sun is shining, the breeze is

blowing, the birds are singing, and the lawn mower is broken. :eek::p:D

I used to mow our yard with the old push blade mower. It really did a nice job we used to take it to the hardware to get the blades sharpened. That was many moons ago.

We inherited GrandDad's blade push mower. It sat unused for many years (the wheel gear had rusted somewhat sitting in GrandDad's car port) and Mom preferred to mow the lawn herself (her request, said it was her exercise).

Today, I watched a tree crew outside my apartment take down parts of an old growth maple and clean up after dark. Took some photos. Asked them if they planned on trimming the branch overhanging my apartment, they said it was budgeted. They'll be back in a couple days once weather cooperates. Amazing how safety-conscious and focused these folks were. Any distractions could have easily proved injurious.

Last edited:

My Dad used to show his affection for my Mom at the dinner table when she served her famous meat loaf.

Dad used to say, "Your Mom; I think I'll keep her."

__0256f97adb1fd85ba86921677335b1bd_width-600.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom