D20 - Testing more Metal Foundry with Axe Fx (Tool content)

D20

Power User
Hey everyone,
I've been writing a lot lately and working on getting a drum mix that i am going to use for my first album. I'm digging the Metal Foundry at the moment (previously i have only used 2.0's Avatar kit)
This is pretty much just an improvisation. The guitar part isn't exactly what they do, but i just thought i would have some fun with it.
Guitar is ebow>a modified Ambience preset (i think is what its called)
Bass is my Spector > my Ampeg patch and another track of Ampeg SVX

Would love to hear what you think???

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=8903399

or

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1046513/Tool%20 ... oundry.wav

supahd01 said:
Sounds good man! I'm diggin the drum sounds you got there.

Many thanks! Its good to hear a comment about the drums since i have been working on those. :D

Great job on everything. Impressive drum arrangement. Well done.

Thanks Scott! Thanks for listening! I really appreciate it!!!

Nice drum tones dude! The kick might be a bit too metal for the context, but it's a great sound

Nolly said:
Nice drum tones dude! The kick might be a bit too metal for the context, but it's a great sound

Thanks Nolly!

Yeah i kept the same kick that i have been using for all my other more metal material. It could use some adjusting.

As far as mixing goes it was quite a mess but the tones were pretty good. The kick and snare were pretty good although the snare had a LOT of reverb. The toms wouldn't have passed for real toms for me... try different dynamics on them... the first hit stronger than the other etc. :) Which KICK was that? I have MF and haven't found a kick that I like yet but I liked your's. The snare should be a lot higher in the mix but that reverb will be too much for that. What snare is that? :D I like the tone.

Clark Kent said:
As far as mixing goes it was quite a mess but the tones were pretty good. The kick and snare were pretty good although the snare had a LOT of reverb. The toms wouldn't have passed for real toms for me... try different dynamics on them... the first hit stronger than the other etc. :) Which KICK was that? I have MF and haven't found a kick that I like yet but I liked your's. The snare should be a lot higher in the mix but that reverb will be too much for that. What snare is that? :D I like the tone.

Thanks for checking it out Clark Kent!

I agree that the snare had a bit to much verb on it. I need to work on getting a good balance with that. I'll also see about the toms as well. :)

I think that the kick was the Sonor Design 2 kick....not sure if that is what it is called, but i think it was the "2" one. I have had a hard time finding a good snare i like in the MF library, but i think i have it with this one. I believe it is the Pearl Free Floating Brass snare.

Back
Top Bottom