D20 - My band's first song

The mix is nice, seems you used a good studio/producer, the song itself is interesting, everyone seems to have their shit together in your band so good luck!!!

Asphyx74 said:
Love it. Very nice, self-contained vocal lines and cool playing :)

Thanks for commenting! Very happy you liked it!!! I'm pretty proud of my bassline. The constant tapping during the verse was hard to pull off, but the more i practiced it, the easier it got. Thanks again!

The mix is nice, seems you used a good studio/producer, the song itself is interesting, everyone seems to have their shit together in your band so good luck!!!

Many thanks!!! I and the rest of the band actually recorded the whole song at my home studio (a room in my garage). I'm really glad you liked the mix though...guess i am doing something right mixing and mastering. ;)

SONG:
Nice catchy song, great composition and arrangement. Cool vocals (melody and singing), the "running" (don't know a better English word for it) bass-line is a perfect contrast to the vocals.

MIX:
The frequency-spectrum is very well laid out and sounds great overall, even when compared to commercial/pro mixes! Level-wise, I would feature the main (not the harmony/backing vox, keep them lower) vocals a bit more by just making them a bit louder, they seem to get buried a bit in the mix. Also, they could deserve some more compression (or a different - 1176LN-style! - compressor maybe) as the drums are compressed to death and the vocals sound a bit "unproduced" beneath them.
The bass is great sounding - as always - but a tiny bit too loud for my taste, while the guitars are a dB or two too low in level.
I would play with hard panning L or R the "fx-guitars" just before the middle of the song, they are in the dead center and fighting the vocals a bit.
You have a good ear for a good mix for sure!

mesaboog said:
Very nice recording thanks for sharing. Dig the vocals.

Many thanks!! Glad you liked!

SONG:
Nice catchy song, great composition and arrangement. Cool vocals (melody and singing), the "running" (don't know a better English word for it) bass-line is a perfect contrast to the vocals.

MIX:
The frequency-spectrum is very well laid out and sounds great overall, even when compared to commercial/pro mixes! Level-wise, I would feature the main (not the harmony/backing vox, keep them lower) vocals a bit more by just making them a bit louder, they seem to get buried a bit in the mix. Also, they could deserve some more compression (or a different - 1176LN-style! - compressor maybe) as the drums are compressed to death and the vocals sound a bit "unproduced" beneath them.
The bass is great sounding - as always - but a tiny bit too loud for my taste, while the guitars are a dB or two too low in level.
I would play with hard panning L or R the "fx-guitars" just before the middle of the song, they are in the dead center and fighting the vocals a bit.
You have a good ear for a good mix for sure!

Thanks RiF!

I'm really happy with this one! I wrote the majority of this song, and I'm really happy especially with my bass line! I'll have to play around with the panning of the guitars a bit. You are correct they are dead center....the fx guitars at least. Thanks for checking it out and letting me know what you think! Always appreciate it!!! :D

Kicks ass ;) ;) I`d buy and support yeahs :cool:

Awesome! I'll post more as more of the album is finished! ;)
Very happy you liked it!!!

D20 said:
I'll post more as more of the album is finished! ;)
Can't wait to hear more of it.
Actually I noticed that you played the guitars and the bass, the drums sound programmed to me (by you as well, I guess) and a singer. So how many members does your band have?

Nice song. I'd lower the bass guitar a bit, at least the lower frequencies. It's too dominant for my tastes. Maybe also bring up guitars a notch if lowering the bass of bass guitar doesn't do it.

RiF said:
D20 said:
I'll post more as more of the album is finished! ;)
Can't wait to hear more of it.
Actually I noticed that you played the guitars and the bass, the drums sound programmed to me (by you as well, I guess) and a singer. So how many members does your band have?

I played a good bit of the instruments on this one. My guitarist tracked the clean and rhythm stuff mainly. We have 5 members = 1 singer, 1 guitarist, 1 guitarist/DJ/turntables, 1 bassist (me :D ), and a singer. I basically video tape my drummer at practice and program what he plays. Its easier that way.

Nice song. I'd lower the bass guitar a bit, at least the lower frequencies. It's too dominant for my tastes. Maybe also bring up guitars a notch if lowering the bass of bass guitar doesn't do it.

Thanks! :D

I'll go back and check the levels again. ;)

mortega76 said:
Nice job!!! Very clean vocals... keep it up D!!!

Thanks Mo!!!!

How can you not love a song with a Karate Kid sound clip? :D

Nice job.

Agreed! :D

When I heard our DJ scratching that part i laughed so hard!!! :lol:

I thought it fit perfectly!!!

A really good mix. The bass is actually really loud. At times it's a good thing but in the verses it's even louder than the vocals.

I like the genre, singer and song! Good job!

Clark Kent said:
A really good mix. The bass is actually really loud. At times it's a good thing but in the verses it's even louder than the vocals.

I like the genre, singer and song! Good job!

Thanks for the input and thanks for listening! :D

Back
Top Bottom