D20 - Corridor

D20

Power User
Hey everyone,

Just finished recording a short idea i came up with the other day. I'm trying out some new tones as well. For bass i recorded 2 tracks using my Spector 4 LX. One was through the Ampeg amp model with 8X10 cab and the other was through a FAS Modern amp with Recto2 cab. The guitar tracks were through the FAS Clean model.

Hope you all enjoy!

Please let me know what you think???

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=9112327

or

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1046513/Corridor.mp3

Hey D20!
The drums and the bass lay down a groovy foundation for this tune. Great job on the rhythm section.
The heavy and driving drums somehow serve as a vanguard for moshy drop-C part that unfortunately never shows up. I would add that (before the 2nd part @ 2:00) and a nice metalcoreish epic chorus with sustained powerchords and you have a great song complete.
On the clean guitars, I really like the reverb that seems to have an echo hidden inside.

As always Im really diggin your tones, the mix sounds so professional (well at least to my unprofessional ears haha)and your drum programming is impeccable, very powerful! Only two complaints is that the clean guitar in the very first bit is too weak for me, it should be playing chords or sumfin, and secondly make this into a full song please! :)

RiF said:
Hey D20!
The drums and the bass lay down a groovy foundation for this tune. Great job on the rhythm section.
The heavy and driving drums somehow serve as a vanguard for moshy drop-C part that unfortunately never shows up. I would add that (before the 2nd part @ 2:00) and a nice metalcoreish epic chorus with sustained powerchords and you have a great song complete.
On the clean guitars, I really like the reverb that seems to have an echo hidden inside.

Thanks RiF!!!
Very happy you like the groove! I will have to add those moshy guitars to this for sure!
Glad you liked the reverb too! I had a couple i used on the guitars.

As always Im really diggin your tones, the mix sounds so professional (well at least to my unprofessional ears haha)and your drum programming is impeccable, very powerful! Only two complaints is that the clean guitar in the very first bit is too weak for me, it should be playing chords or sumfin, and secondly make this into a full song please! :)

Thanks Fusion!
I can see how the first guitar bit would seem a bit weak. I added a harmonized guitar part and an octave higher part as the clip progresses to add a bit, but i can see how it would sound a bit empty or maybe just lacking something.

Full song? In the works ;)

Dude, you are the master at programming drums. I really dig this tune and I'm always impressed with the production on your stuff. As far as the song goes, I agree with RiF about some big heavy guitars. I really like where this track is headed.

Sidivan said:
Dude, you are the master at programming drums. I really dig this tune and I'm always impressed with the production on your stuff. As far as the song goes, I agree with RiF about some big heavy guitars. I really like where this track is headed.

I very much appreciate the kind remarks Sidivan!
I've been working on a good heavy part for the song.
Many thanks again!

Sidivan said:
Dude, you are the master at programming drums.
Yes, you are for sure, D20! Even my wife noticed the great drum programming on a clip you sent me (the one where I put some guitars on top, called "Drum Mix Test").
I wish I could program drums like that or even get a drum sound like yours out of my full arsenal of Superior Drummer (including 3 SDXs). I am still pretty unhappy with my results...
If you have spare drum tracks lying around, feel free to send them to me. Even the worst one of yours will be better than mine.

Back
Top Bottom