Cygnus is the holy grail

I thought there was a lot of “buzz” with Cygnus but I wasn’t too excited because I thought the Axe III and FM3 sounded fantastic as is. Now that Cygnus is here, I get it. It’s wonderful! The process of picking an amp and dialing it in is as simple as when I get a real amp, (except for Mesa Marks… They still accurately require foreknowledge of where to start with theIr eqs).

I have been around FAS since 2010. Their is always big praise around the big FW changes. FAS has been sounding great for for a long long time. I have not had a time in all these years that I was not happy with my tone. As I result I don’t get super pumped any more for FW updates to the modeling. Now when effects get added like the cloud verbs ect ect ect I am like oh ok this is different

My first three impressions of Cygnus after updating:
  1. Upon loading a Bassman preset, the feel is akin to a tube amp: there's an immediacy to it, which necessitates increased precision, especially in fretting, muting, and pick angles
  2. I picked an older Mesa preset at random, played a chord, and instantly recognized it as part of the 90s sound, despite knowing nothing about Mesas or what was used then
  3. I can hear how dull my strings are (admittedly, this may be more placebo)
Truly incredible engineering work by Cliff and everyone at FAS.

Its insane in the headphones and now my FRFR 2x12 Laney sounds like a real G-Cab playing real amps, It was great before but now OMG so good.
And the new Presets hahaha Wow is all I can say

So far I like it for the fm3 but my final verdict will be based on what they continue to add to axe3 and what they end up cutting to fit on fm3.

are the 4x12 USA cab the only 4x12 Mesa cabs? I have a hard time finding cops cabs to work on Mesa without getting that overly rectified muddy low end even with the bass on 2 and depth at zero. I know how to dial them in just the cabs that go with them, to me sound bad.

by far the best $1,741.10 (FM3+FC6) I have ever spent on guitar gear... and over a year after purchasing its still getting better, "What a perk!"... btw imo the Marshall amps alone are worth the price of admission.

Just take the cost of a good tube combo amp, bout 2500, add the basics: delay, chorus, wah, flange, and you're around double that price, but without the glorious sound of stereo.

"Which amp would you like?"
"Yes."

I cannot believe the quality of Cygnus .....out of this world!!!
Further, cannot believe how absolutely beautiful the new presets are.

just unbelievable to be coming out of a modeler.

It actually breathes!

I cannot believe the quality of Cygnus .....out of this world!!!
Further, cannot believe how absolutely beautiful the new presets are.

just unbelievable to be coming out of a modeler.

It actually breathes!
Agreed 1000%. Makes me laugh when I hear people claiming the kyu see is going to dethrone the Axe Fx/FM3. Yeah right. As long as this company keeps their foot on the gas like they have been, that's not gonna happen.

So far I like it for the fm3 but my final verdict will be based on what they continue to add to axe3 and what they end up cutting to fit on fm3.

are the 4x12 USA cab the only 4x12 Mesa cabs? I have a hard time finding cops cabs to work on Mesa without getting that overly rectified muddy low end even with the bass on 2 and depth at zero. I know how to dial them in just the cabs that go with them, to me sound bad.

https://wiki.fractalaudio.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cabinet_models_list#MESA

Back
Top Bottom