Cygnus Gain

Mongillo19

Inspired
I love some of the updated models but on a few, the bass response/gain sounds very....idk fuzzy? Like when I hit a palm mute it just isn't clear and sounds like a wall of fuzz. I've tried lowering the bass and gain but to no luck. Anyone else with similar "issues"? I notice it most on the 5153 100w red and recto. Thanks!

The 5150 III Red sounds really different to me as well. I don't know if its more accurate now and I just don't like that particular channel, but I have played a real one and it doesn't really seem right, but I don't know for sure. I have been struggling with the Rectos as well, but they seem closer to the real thing and they may just not be my thing.

In the meantime, I would forget those models and make sure you check out the 5150 and 6505+ models! They are amazing now!!! You can turn the treble up and it sounds great!

The 5150 III Red sounds really different to me as well. I don't know if its more accurate now and I just don't like that particular channel, but I have played a real one and it doesn't really seem right, but I don't know for sure. I have been struggling with the Rectos as well, but they seem closer to the real thing and they may just not be my thing.

In the meantime, I would forget those models and make sure you check out the 5150 and 6505+ models! They are amazing now!!! You can turn the treble up and it sounds great!
The 6505+ sounds amazing, I agree to that! I'm just happy I'm not alone. I have seen nothing but glowing remarks, and rightfully so, but some things just seem off...guess that's part of the beta experience!

Recto’s can be a pain in the ass to dial in and I always crack up a bit when someone plugs into one for the first time, makes their usual adjustments, hits the strings and get that “WTF?!”, look across their face. I used to draw all these rigs in my notebooks in school and almost all of them had a Dual Rec in it until I played one in real life. I love the way they sound when other people use them, but until I had the option of the 5-band EQ in the AxeFX, I had zero interest in returning to that amp.

I think my Recto preset right now (which is just Leon’s preset that I tweaked the hell out of) has barely any bass on it and then it’s turned down more in the 5-band. Takes the right IR that doesn’t give you an overwhelming low end but still comes across the clearly.

5153 Red has a mistake in it that has been fixed for the next release. Rectos are just fuzzy. That's part of the charm I suppose.

I love the new Tweed 5E3, but I like the 15.01 model too (no jumped). It's possible to make a FAS model of the 15.01 version? :)

The orange channel is about the only thing I dig out of a recto.
Recto 1 Orange Modern is the basis for my main gain tone. Red is way too compressed and fizzy for my taste. I don't like any of the Orange or Red channels on the Recto 2. Not sure what they did to eff it up. Maybe it was a post-Gibson trial run.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom