• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Cygnus Gain

Mongillo19

Inspired
I love some of the updated models but on a few, the bass response/gain sounds very....idk fuzzy? Like when I hit a palm mute it just isn't clear and sounds like a wall of fuzz. I've tried lowering the bass and gain but to no luck. Anyone else with similar "issues"? I notice it most on the 5153 100w red and recto. Thanks!

ak49climber

Inspired
The 5150 III Red sounds really different to me as well. I don't know if its more accurate now and I just don't like that particular channel, but I have played a real one and it doesn't really seem right, but I don't know for sure. I have been struggling with the Rectos as well, but they seem closer to the real thing and they may just not be my thing.

In the meantime, I would forget those models and make sure you check out the 5150 and 6505+ models! They are amazing now!!! You can turn the treble up and it sounds great!

Mongillo19

Inspired
The 5150 III Red sounds really different to me as well. I don't know if its more accurate now and I just don't like that particular channel, but I have played a real one and it doesn't really seem right, but I don't know for sure. I have been struggling with the Rectos as well, but they seem closer to the real thing and they may just not be my thing.

In the meantime, I would forget those models and make sure you check out the 5150 and 6505+ models! They are amazing now!!! You can turn the treble up and it sounds great!
The 6505+ sounds amazing, I agree to that! I'm just happy I'm not alone. I have seen nothing but glowing remarks, and rightfully so, but some things just seem off...guess that's part of the beta experience!

RevDrucifer

Power User
Recto’s can be a pain in the ass to dial in and I always crack up a bit when someone plugs into one for the first time, makes their usual adjustments, hits the strings and get that “WTF?!”, look across their face. I used to draw all these rigs in my notebooks in school and almost all of them had a Dual Rec in it until I played one in real life. I love the way they sound when other people use them, but until I had the option of the 5-band EQ in the AxeFX, I had zero interest in returning to that amp.

I think my Recto preset right now (which is just Leon’s preset that I tweaked the hell out of) has barely any bass on it and then it’s turned down more in the 5-band. Takes the right IR that doesn’t give you an overwhelming low end but still comes across the clearly.

nambutio

Inspired
5153 Red has a mistake in it that has been fixed for the next release. Rectos are just fuzzy. That's part of the charm I suppose.

I love the new Tweed 5E3, but I like the 15.01 model too (no jumped). It's possible to make a FAS model of the 15.01 version? :)

shemihazazel

Fractal Fanatic
The orange channel is about the only thing I dig out of a recto.
Recto 1 Orange Modern is the basis for my main gain tone. Red is way too compressed and fizzy for my taste. I don't like any of the Orange or Red channels on the Recto 2. Not sure what they did to eff it up. Maybe it was a post-Gibson trial run.

Last edited:
Top Bottom