"Cygnus" Firmware - Public Beta for FM3?

Thanks for the genious idea to edit a firmware for FM3 so to get the comments on the UI developments before implementing in the III and vice versa to implement Cygnus in a new firmware for Axe III before getting it to the III. That was an intelligent and smart move.

Keep an eye for the Official Release for the Axe FX III. Once it happens, then it will be ported to the FM3, not before.
Correct unless they changed the battleplan
FAS has been so quiet this week though perhaps he is working w the FM3 team as the have the drive block in beta to
at any rate April promises to be likely the best month yet for FM3
owners

Cygnus will be awesome - but I'm also excited for the Drives update. That will also be HUGE, IMO.

And agreed - a great month to be a FM3 owner!

I'm excited to get Cygnus and want it asap, but I don't mind them working out bugs etc on the III, there should be less for us to deal with

I got excited for a second lol

Looking forward to hearing what Cygnus does to the tone. Clips seem to be a little warmer than Ares which would be welcome for me...I've been fighting tones lending a little bright/harsh for a while. Also curious to see how those new Friedmans sound with the new tuning.

I got excited for a second lol

Looking forward to hearing what Cygnus does to the tone. Clips seem to be a little warmer than Ares which would be welcome for me...I've been fighting tones lending a little bright/harsh for a while. Also curious to see how those new Friedmans sound with the new tuning.
.. I got excited also... lol

From a bright/harsh - I've used a few controls to help with this - one is the Bright Cap in the Amp Block. I've been able to adjust that to help retain clarity/articulation without it being harsh. I've also used the Output EQ in the Amp Block - primarily the 4K or 8K. If it's "hissy" then use 8K, if it's "scratchy" try 4K. I'd go .25db subtraction at a time. The Amp Block Input EQ has some things that can help - like either the hi cut. Lastly, there is an Amp Block and Drive Block High Treble control. I've lowered those as well.

All that said - I'm interested in hearing the Cygnus updates.

I think it sounds great as it is. It has been "realistic" for many years, but maybe I'm just easy to please ;-)
But updates are welcome off course.

Cheers and have a nice weekend
Søren

Back
Top Bottom