Cygnus Dizzy amps BUG ?

The bright switch of the Dizzy V4 Blue 2 is working fine here - crisping the very heights significant (also visible on the RTA). For the Dizzy Sllver 2 I can confirm that nothing happens here if the switch is turned on or off.

The bright switch of the Dizzy V4 Blue 2 is working fine here - crisping the very heights significant (also visible on the RTA). For the Dizzy Sllver 2 I can confirm that nothing happens here if the switch is turned on or off.
the problems are with silver versions.. blue ones works OK.

I personally like the blues more, it sounds closer to my 2005 silver. I play more alternative stuff. The Ares silver cleaned up pretty good but the gain was touchy real fast. Really been digging the Friedman HBE in it's place if you guys want a good alt sound that will get you in the ball park.

I personally like the blues more, it sounds closer to my 2005 silver. I play more alternative stuff. The Ares silver cleaned up pretty good but the gain was touchy real fast. Really been digging the Friedman HBE in it's place if you guys want a good alt sound that will get you in the ball park.
to me friedmans and diezels are nothing alike.

It's funny. I've never really messed with the Silvers before Cygnus and with it, I love Ch2. I know we have a ton of options for hot-rodded Marshall, but that Ch2 is a great crunchy, tight Marshall. I'll be sad to see it "fixed".

It's funny. I've never really messed with the Silvers before Cygnus and with it, I love Ch2. I know we have a ton of options for hot-rodded Marshall, but that Ch2 is a great crunchy, tight Marshall. I'll be sad to see it "fixed".
yes, ch2 silver sound great, even if it’s far from reality.

ch3 though, If you just know how this sounds recorded and in the room, oh man.. this needs to be experienced.. only then you can understand our wish to see this ch3 fixed.

IMO, the ch2. could stay like that, no problems with it whatsoever :)

To me it seems as if ch2 and ch3 were accidentally switched when programming models since the ch2 model has more gain and sounds more modern than the ch3 model. And the bright switch doesn't work which the real ch3 (not the model) doesn't have. I have never heard a real silverface VH4, though, so I can't comment on how close the current ch2 model is to the real ch3.

It's been a long time since I've had a VH4, but I've had a few.

It does seem like the Silverface channel numbers were just swapped/inverted.

If you've been vaccinated and in the New England area you can come hang out and jam on mine for a bit. I retubed it with EL34BTSR's and it sounds delicious

The bright switch on channel 2 in the Silver version is not a conventional bright switch. It switches in a treble peaker later in the circuit. The model models the amp with the bright switch on. The bright switch has been removed from this model for the next release.

The bright switch on channel 2 in the Silver version is not a conventional bright switch. It switches in a treble peaker later in the circuit. The model models the amp with the bright switch on. The bright switch has been removed from this model for the next release.
Thank you for the clarification.
Will there be a fix for channel 3 ?

please don’t do the ch2 with bright switch off.. AFAIK, everybody loves how ch2 sounds. the problem is with ch3, which sounds off.

Seeing that in the silver models the bright switch is a treble peaker, how about a couple of new models, one with the peaker engaged, one without to satisfy everyone similar to the bright option on the Mesa Mark models and C45 of the BE-100 models?

Last edited:
please don’t do the ch2 with bright switch off.. AFAIK, everybody loves how ch2 sounds. the problem is with ch3, which sounds off.
I don’t believe he plans to model it with the bright switch off. Unless I’m misreading, just the bright switch access is what will be removed, so people don’t attempt to turn it off, since it was modeled with the bright switch On.
Cheers,
Lee

Run some tests with channel 3 silver amp sim vs a real VH4, 3rd channel. Very different. Much less gain from the axe fx. Not sure what's up, but i think there's something off here, considering the difference would most likely not be as large even with the revisions VH4 amps have had/variations between amps.

Run some tests with channel 3 silver amp sim vs a real VH4, 3rd channel. Very different. Much less gain from the axe fx. Not sure what's up, but i think there's something off here, considering the difference would most likely not be as large even with the revisions VH4 amps have had/variations between amps.
yup, but it´ not just gain difference, also feel is off. model is loose and kinda falling apart whereas real amp is tight and hold together perfectly..

yup, but it´ not just gain difference, also feel is off. model is loose and kinda falling apart whereas real amp is tight and hold together perfectly..
At least the VH4 amp I have right here, yes, can say the third channel is different in other ways as well, not just gain. To get closer to the real VH4 I've tried boosting the fractal amp sim, but still "very" (which is relative for sure) different.

Previously I recall getting a lot closer. But now I'm doubting myself. Will revert back to earlier firmware to check.

Back
Top Bottom