AFIII Cygnus Cameron. Warmoth Strat. Skervesen Bass. Groovy goodness!

erockomania

Experienced

Had a ton of fun doing this one. Came together fast which is always a good sign. :)

I channeled my inner Royal Blood for this :D

details:
Warmoth strat with Tom Anderson H2+ and H1
Cameron 2C with a 20% mix octaver on some tracks
OwnHammer Mesa V30 57/121 blend
Skervesen Bronto 4 string fanned fret bass with Nordwalls-> Darkglass B7K (white) plugin
Superior Drummer 3
Logic Pro

Jamming over it as a backing track while I listen. It's got a GREAT groove and definitely hear the Morello influence. My 'bottleneck' is drum programming. I see you list 'Superior Drummer 3'. I'll look into that. For me, programming drums is one of the last things I want to be doing....lol.

Jamming over it as a backing track while I listen. It's got a GREAT groove and definitely hear the Morello influence. My 'bottleneck' is drum programming. I see you list 'Superior Drummer 3'. I'll look into that. For me, programming drums is one of the last things I want to be doing....lol.
Thank you!

Yes, drum programming can be tedious. How I like to do it is just program basic beats for the most parts, write the song out and then program fully once the instrumentation is all there. That is much more fun and allows it to be it's own thing (like a drummer) rather than going back and forth between programming drums and writing guitar parts.

Thank you!

Yes, drum programming can be tedious. How I like to do it is just program basic beats for the most parts, write the song out and then program fully once the instrumentation is all there. That is much more fun and allows it to be it's own thing (like a drummer) rather than going back and forth between programming drums and writing guitar parts.

I usually get stuck with a basic beat and leave it, thinking 'ah...you get the point'....lol. A couple of songs I've had luck with Logic coming up with more complex beats or patterns that actually fit and then I cut/paste and throw in an accent crash here and there. One time I took a double bass part and divided that up and sent it to my drummer and told him a buddy, 'Fast Eddie' played drums on it. He fell for it until I made him listen again.

Oh see, and I am the exact opposite. It's relaxing to me, I get into a zone and just go. lol

Back
Top Bottom