Cygnus Beta - first impressions

I've been fighting the fw gas too, by working on my presets under fw 15 - sounds so good via studio monitors - having a hard time imagining it better though the Cygnus demo vids help. One thing I feel I've made good progress on in recent days is running Mesa Mark models to my Mesa 112s (C90s) via matrix PA (pa modelling on/cab modelling off) - (omg, I'm becoming an CITR guy!) - can't wait to try Cygnus - might be a while though if he was at 15% or so of the models a week or 2 ago and doing a significant rework on a big portion of them.
Yeah, I am really digging my low-mid gain preset with Mesa Mark models these days after I spend some time dialing them in, sounds and feels real good.

For you folks who have been here for a while...which release to you remember having this much anticipation?

My vote is for when the Tone Match was released.

On a side note, taking this time to create the best sounding clips that I'm capable of (which I'm not very good at) so I can A/B the recordings after the release. It's been a nice way to pass the time.

That was my thought as well but may be influenced heavily by the style as well. Can never go wrong with some Hendrixy strat tones 😀
I have listened to each of these vids with headphones. A strat through a real Marshall has this distinctive punch (think Richie Blackmore) and can achieve an amazing gain but the natural sound of the guitar still comes through. I felt like I could hear that come through. Of course, Mr. Kingman is a great player so his hands are part of the tone.

For you folks who have been here for a while...which release to you remember having this much anticipation?

My vote is for when the Tone Match was released.

On a side note, taking this time to create the best sounding clips that I'm capable of (which I'm not very good at) so I can A/B the recordings after the release. It's been a nice way to pass the time.
I’ve only been around for just over a year, but this is the only FW that’s been teased AFAIK. Which means Cliff is excited about it. Which means we should all be excited about it.

Every other FW over the past year has been a surprise, or a public beta, with very little if any ‘heads up’ that it was coming. That’s why “FW Friday” started... for a while there were FW surprise releases on what felt like every Friday.

I’ve only been around for just over a year, but this is the only FW that’s been teased AFAIK. Which means Cliff is excited about it. Which means we should all be excited about it.

Every other FW over the past year has been a surprise, or a public beta, with very little if any ‘heads up’ that it was coming. That’s why “FW Friday” started... for a while there were FW surprise releases on what felt like every Friday.
But human brains are designed(evolved) to detect patterns, even when there is none.

(This is partially why many struggle in the stock market...)

I have listened to each of these vids with headphones. A strat through a real Marshall has this distinctive punch (think Richie Blackmore) and can achieve an amazing gain but the natural sound of the guitar still comes through. I felt like I could hear that come through. Of course, Mr. Kingman is a great player so his hands are part of the tone.

Agreed. And the way the amp cleaned up with changes in dynamics was amazing

Dear @2112 have you had a chance to check out any bass amps?

I know all the guitarists are excited, but as someone who records bass with his iii I am very curious.

(Sorry if I missed any bass beta testers!)
Just the SV Bass 2 so far - we had a rehearsal during the week and Ryan used it with his EBMM Stingray. I don't think that model has been fully updated but man it has some lovely low end grind.

Back
Top Bottom