Cygnus Beta - first impressions

The high gain stuff is sounding fantastic so far too. I posted this in the beta team discussion.

"The FAS Brootalz is immediately satisfying for high gain. Here's a clip that's just guitar (albeit with strings that are due for a change) -> Amp -> Cab. The Amp is at the stock settings with no boost. i'm using a greenback IR."

Leon, are you finding any difference in terms of having to cut lows on high gain amps? Do you find they need more or less of a cut, or the same?

The high gain stuff is sounding fantastic so far too. I posted this in the beta team discussion.

"The FAS Brootalz is immediately satisfying for high gain. Here's a clip that's just guitar (albeit with strings that are due for a change) -> Amp -> Cab. The Amp is at the stock settings with no boost. i'm using a greenback IR."

It's hard to really say without a comparison clip, but it sounds like there's more note separation, clarity, rawness and aggression. Almost more 3D if that's even a thing...

Or it could just be Leon sounding great and like Leon on even stock settings 🤔 😉

Either way, sounds fantastic!! 👏

It's hard to really say without a comparison clip, but it sounds like there's more note separation, clarity, rawness and aggression. Almost more 3D if that's even a thing...

Or it could just be Leon sounding great and like Leon on even stock settings 🤔 😉

Either way, sounds fantastic!! 👏
I think it's a combination of Leon, the right guitar for that amp's stock settings and Cygnus

If you listen closely to the parts where it's just amp you can hear the thump and punch on the attack.

At "Fractal HQ North" I have a pair of Focal Trio11 Be and the thump rattles the windows.
Just got myself a pair of Focal Trio 6Be two weeks ago, myself. It really helped with sculpting the midrange on the axe. So far I'm really pleased with them.

Back
Top Bottom