Cygnus Beta - first impressions

@FractalAudio Is it possible for one of the beta team to do a bass demo through the AC-20 since that seems to be converted to Cygnus now?

I'm wondering if the low end is even more solid than it currently is.

+1 - I'm also a bit purplexed by the amp in the room vibe comments as I think Amp (cab) in the room and mic'c cab (in another room) are 2 very different sounds. I'm hoping these comments are responding to improved accuracy of the modelling which is making mic'd cab (ir) sounds better (assuming these clips are using csb/ir). I have a real cabs/matrix pa setup here for AITR (CITR) which I'm looking forward to trying out with Cygnus for that sound.
The way I see it: the old mic’d cab was also trying to capture the magic of the original amp in the room. While I understand the technical distinction you are talking about, it’s natural for people to compare the modeler to AITR, just like they compare a real mic’d amp to AITR.

Good programmers try to keep things backward compatible. I am sure Cliff will not disenfranchise all his Mark I customers.
Cliff stated when it was announced that the Mk II is simply a Mk I with newer, better display, more preset storage, and some other increased memory or storage that may be utilized in the furure. I don't think you have anything to worry about for a while....

Forgive my ignorance chaps, I have just taken in a stray FX3 I found with no owner at waterloo station but its a mark 1, will I be able to teach this 'old dog' the Cygnus new trick?
Seeing as Cygnus was announced in the FM3 forum, and any iteration of the Axe-Fx 3 flagship has plenty more power... I wouldn't worry for an instant.

This is why I'll never be a beta tester.

"Welcome to my firmware demonstration. Okay this is what a G chord sounds like.... okay here is an uh, I think an A. Yeah this is an A chord. That one hurts my fingers. Anyway now I will play all the open strings one by one so you can hear the uh... the string sounds."
yes - it's kind of boring, however, I roll my eyes at gear demos I often see/hear that only showcase the demo'd sound in a mix and playing material that makes it impossible to hear the nuances of tonal aspects they are trying to highlight - a simple chord ringing out and sparsely played individual strings does get the message across quite well.

Good things come to those that wait.

Yeah, it's not that Cliff can "finish" it at midnight one day and immediately release it the next day.

With a major overhaul like this one, there may be issues or bugs found by the testing team. It behooves FAS and their customers to catch any of those before publicly releasing.

Bocs! Nem baj, ha magyarul írom?
Csak annyit, hogy Te is tesztelni fogod?
Amit eddig hallottam az nagyon jó!
Ez egy szép feladat Neked!

No, I am not a tester, unfortunately. I was just hinting that I would be happy to be a beta tester!
Nem, nem vagyok tesztelo, csak viccelodtem veluk, hogy ha azon mulik, akkor szivesen lennek beta tesztelo!

Back
Top Bottom