Cygnus Beta - first impressions

I totally agree.
I'm a little skeptical about the new BIG improvement...hope I'm wrong.
Given how every update, no matter how minor, is hyped by the Axedom, this is understandable. In the end only you can decide and can even go back to a previous version if you want. I am sticking with FW 14 for instance. With lots of people in lockdown and the related stresses and strains, it is just innocent fun for many of us here to speculate on it and the moment it drops we will start asking about the version after this! 😂

I'm looking forward to "Cygny" but 15.01 is pretty glorious and I hope it's clarity remains somehow. Otherwise I might need to get another III so I can run Ares and Cygny at the same time!
One raw, and one polished.........absolutely! :)

I'm looking forward to "Cygny" but 15.01 is pretty glorious and I hope it's clarity remains somehow. Otherwise I might need to get another III so I can run Ares and Cygny at the same time!
I seems to remember a AX8 update that was really dark IMHO and I just rolled back until the next one that was better.

You're new here so your skepticism is understandable, but when Cliff mentions something is big, it usually means that it's indeed BIG. ;)
I bought my axe III around firmware 9. I was really happy then (still are) but I never hear a BIG improvement sound wise since then.
Don't get me wrong, it's always improving and still the leader in modeling. It's probably just my nature to lower my expectations when big promise like that are announced.

Given how every update, no matter how minor, is hyped by the Axedom, this is understandable. In the end only you can decide and can even go back to a previous version if you want. I am sticking with FW 14 for instance. With lots of people in lockdown and the related stresses and strains, it is just innocent fun for many of us here to speculate on it and the moment it drops we will start asking about the version after this! 😂
I know that...I'm just that guy who is breaking the party;):p.
Seriously, I'm sure there will be a noticeable sound/feel improvement...can't wait too.

Based on @Patzag explanation that kicked off this thread, I think I will revisit SS power amps after this release. What he explained is something I have only been able to experience with real tube power when running the AxeFX out into a guitar cab. If we now get this ‘immediacy’ when running through a SS power section, my setup gets much simpler and much lighter.

Last edited:
i bought my fm3 just a couple weeks ago after going back and forth on which brand to buy. After actually using it i know i made the right decision and if there is this delicious update on the horizon?.... Guitar life is just dandy!....Thanks in advance Cliff, that's why Fractal is just awesome

Back
Top Bottom