Cygnus Beta - first impressions

Can any Beta tester (or other source) divulge if this cygnificant change is mainly amp related or if there are other cynipits coming along with it?

It was said weeks ago....and the previous firmware update was last year (12-18, 2020). Friday is just around the corner.
Hope to have a private beta soon.

I've finished about 15 amps, which is around 30-40 models. It will take several weeks to go through all the amps.

I finished the 57 Tweed Deluxe today and it's glorious. Clean to "Cinammon Girl" with the volume knob. I never appreciated that amp until I spent some serious time with it.
This was on Sunday

Well, in The Wrath of Khsn,"

Days = Hours (Scotty's time to fix the whatever)

So,

Cliff might mean Weeks = Days.

Kirk: "Mr. Scott - have you always multiplied your repair estimates by a factor of four?"
Mr. Scott: "Certainly, Sir. How else can I keep my reputation as a miracle worker?"

It seems that the change from Ares to Cygnus is significant, immediate, and easily noticeable....I'm liking what I'm reading.

I've never been this excited, nor have had such crazed anticipation, for a firmware release...indeed most of my hard-core tweaking (with the Advanced Parameters) on Fractal devices for 10+ years has been to make the amps aggressive, rude, dynamic, snarly, cranky...just trying to make them sweat and more raw.

I'll go out on a limb and say the "amp in the room" guys might finally find what they are looking for in Cygnus since we've more or less had "polished, processed, recorded/miked guitar tones in the room" up till now it would appear.

Good times ahead Captain...

Hello everyone. New proud FM3 owner here. I’ve never been so impressed and inspired by a piece of kit! Q: Is there any preliminary view on whether Cygnus will have any significant impact on CPU usage? Obviously an important factor on FM3.

Hello everyone. New proud FM3 owner here. I’ve never been so impressed and inspired by a piece of kit! Q: Is there any preliminary view on whether Cygnus will have any significant impact on CPU usage? Obviously an important factor on FM3.
There is no information on this. Right now it is not known if there is even an FM3 version being beta tested. At some point it will arrive. Patience.

Reactions: HIO
Can mods purge irrelevant QC stuff from this thread including this post? I came to see tiny glimpses of Cygnus...;)
I love how people turn into Lee Iacocca as if manufacturing was easy. Even Nintendo has to compete for chips.
Deletion is the best option.

As intrigued and grateful as I am to hear about this new firmware... this is also cruel torture. I'm just starting to retrack guitars on some songs I was working on, but now I feel compelled to put it on hold if Cygnus is going to be such a significant improvement. :tongueout:

I'm looking forward to "Cygny" but 15.01 is pretty glorious and I hope it's clarity remains somehow. Otherwise I might need to get another III so I can run Ares and Cygny at the same time!

As intrigued and grateful as I am to hear about this new firmware... this is also cruel torture. I'm just starting to retrack guitars on some songs I was working on, but now I feel compelled to put it on hold if Cygnus is going to be such a significant improvement. :tongueout:
Im in the same boat... just gonna track the guitars and then reamp when Cygnus is out. Just work on the arragement and "premixing" in the mean time. Hopefully it drops in the next few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom