Cygnus Beta - first impressions

@yek if we were only the Borg with Cliff as the Queen, we could know everything instantly (e.g. that it will be weeks before it might be ready). No questions, no worries, no impatience.

Sigh, but this linear language stuff plus not reading threads plus repeating the same patterns is just part of "flawed humanity".

Thx for posting some info on how things sound! Looking forward to whenever it becomes available.

While the beta testers are allowed by FAS to share some info, be aware that there is still an NDA in effect. We all know, and see on other forums, that every drip of info about upcoming products will be put under a magnifying glass and leads to loads of follow-up questions. Please leave the testers some space.
Thank you for that, @yek. Aside from nondisclosure agreements, one of the main things that keeps us beta testers quiet is the fact that every post we make generates half a dozen questions which we may not know all the answers to. If we rspond to those, each response generates half a dozen more questions (now we're up to 36 questions). One more cycle of that, and we're approaching 200 questions — 200 opportunities for someone to be bummed if we don't respond, and five or six hours of our time if we do respond.

I get why you have all those questions. I'd have the same questions. And I get the excitement. Ride that wave! But please understand when answers aren't forthcoming. A little breathing space goes a long way toward getting this stuff in your hands as soon as possible.

Forgive my ignorance chaps, I have just taken in a stray FX3 I found with no owner at waterloo station but its a mark 1, will I be able to teach this 'old dog' the Cygnus new trick?

Forgive my ignorance chaps, I have just taken in a stray FX3 I found with no owner at waterloo station but its a mark 1, will I be able to teach this 'old dog' the Cygnus new trick?
BCB81C74-6DF2-4F5B-856C-1227F72F308D.jpeg
My uninformed non 8 ball guess is...yes it will run on both III models, and soon FM3 as well.

I think #73 made a good interesting question too. What is going to happen with the ones who own the III Mark I? I want to keep it as long as I can (I am still repaying the credit for it!!)

Exciting! Love the fact that Cliff lets people be involved in the Beta testing and solicits honest feedback to make the unit as good as it can be!

I’m also someone who doesn’t hear a lot of the things other people do - like Bias changes and those kind of things - but can hear SOME things- like when the pitch block was updated a few FWs ago.

I am currently LOVING how my III sounds so looking forward to listening for the growl and chug - I have noticed some low end flabbiness on certain models that I just can’t get out, or can but then I lose the overall tone I’m looking for.

its a good time to be a Fractal user!

Thank you for that, @yek. Aside from nondisclosure agreements, one of the main things that keeps us beta testers quiet is the fact that every post we make generates half a dozen questions which we may not know all the answers to. If we rspond to those, each response generates half a dozen more questions (now we're up to 36 questions). One more cycle of that, and we're approaching 200 questions — 200 opportunities for someone to be bummed if we don't respond, and five or six hours of our time if we do respond.

I get why you have all those questions. I'd have the same questions. And I get the excitement. Ride that wave! But please understand when answers aren't forthcoming. A little breathing space goes a long way toward getting this stuff in your hands as soon as possible.

The TGP Quad Cortex thread is very much proof of this. I’d be willing to bet Doug winces every time he hits Post Reply.

Back
Top Bottom