Cygnus Beta - first impressions

Patzag

Fractal Fanatic
I have been given permission to post my initial reaction to the first private Beta on Cygnus. So here was my first comment, quoted verbatim:

I was at Guitar Center in LA in the 90's and I went into their amp booth. I plugged into a Fender Prosonic. I'll remember forever the impact and sound of my first chord on that amp. It was my first real interaction with a Tube amplifier.
There was a gut-punch feeling, not only by the impact of the volume, but by the instant relationship between the fingers, the strings, and the magic that came out of the speakers.
As much as I love modelers, I never experienced that awesomeness with any of them. AXE III was very, very close. It had a great feel and I was not lacking for anything.
But on a fine February morning, I plugged into my newly Cygnus'ed unit and ... there it was. Wow!
I don't know what you've done Cliff, but there's a bass response, without flab, that's awesome. There's a bloom that wasn't there before - And YES, I'm A-Bing with my FM3 on the same amps. I've just tried the CA3 and the AC20 which are my most used cleanish amps.
Now add some juice to the AC20 input drive and go into tonal nirvana.

I have to be honest, I don't have "golden ears". I could not always hear the improvements of some of the past "major" firmwares. But this is really another level."

Further playing with the unit only left me wanting to play more. I have not made it past 3 amp models. This is not your run-of-the-mill (if any are) firmware update. Hold on to your socks!

I have been given permission to post my initial reaction to the first private Beta on Cygnus. So here was my first comment, quoted verbatim:

I was at Guitar Center in LA in the 90's and I went into their amp booth. I plugged into a Fender Prosonic. I'll remember forever the impact and sound of my first chord on that amp. It was my first real interaction with a Tube amplifier.
There was a gut-punch feeling, not only by the impact of the volume, but by the instant relationship between the fingers, the strings, and the magic that came out of the speakers.
As much as I love modelers, I never experienced that awesomeness with any of them. AXE III was very, very close. It had a great feel and I was not lacking for anything.
But on a fine February morning, I plugged into my newly Cygnus'ed unit and ... there it was. Wow!
I don't know what you've done Cliff, but there's a bass response, without flab, that's awesome. There's a bloom that wasn't there before - And YES, I'm A-Bing with my FM3 on the same amps. I've just tried the CA3 and the AC20 which are my most used cleanish amps.

I have to be honest, I don't have "golden ears". I could not always hear the improvements of some of the past "major" firmwares. But this is really another level."

Further playing with the unit only left me wanting to play more. I have not made it past 3 amp models. This is not your run-of-the-mill (if any are) firmware update. Hold on to your socks!

What are you using for monitors? FRFR, cab?

Further playing with the unit only left me wanting to play more. I have not made it past 3 amp models. This is not your run-of-the-mill (if any are) firmware update. Hold on to your socks
Just waiting to try out the public beta once it is ready.

I can't wait (but really I can because Cliff and team is consistently amazing) for this new firmware. At least my basic pentatonic riffs will somehow sound better!

I have been given permission to post my initial reaction to the first private Beta on Cygnus.

Is there a chance to join the beta group? I don't use my Axe 3 for anything mission critical and I would be more than happy to take the firmware through its paces / deal with bugs.

Back
Top Bottom