Cygnus Beta - first impressions

Thank you for that, @yek. Aside from nondisclosure agreements, one of the main things that keeps us beta testers quiet is the fact that every post we make generates half a dozen questions which we may not know all the answers to. If we rspond to those, each response generates half a dozen more questions (now we're up to 36 questions). One more cycle of that, and we're approaching 200 questions — 200 opportunities for someone to be bummed if we don't respond, and five or six hours of our time if we do respond.

Spreading like a virus. Better get a vaccine for questions as well 😂

It is always better to under-promise and over-deliver.
Under promising is not over stating the capabilities of your product. Not producing the product timely and moving promised delivery dates by substantial amounts (not just once) rubs people the wrong way and will drive many away. That negative is hard to get past, especially when you are just starting out. It's almost better that they send them out and then try to dazzle people with their customer service if need be so that becomes the quality they are known for and not delaying shipment for 6 months.

It would be like we are talking about cygnus and promised it will release soon. Then in October we are still talking about it releasing soon.... Then Garth Brooks goes viral with "If Tomorrow Never Comes."

Under promising is not over stating the capabilities of your product. Not producing the product timely and moving promised delivery dates by substantial amounts (not just once) rubs people the wrong way and will drive many away.

I don't even think that would have been a problem if they didn't have an atrocious comms policy that kept everyone in the dark for quite a while, and they started talking again once they blew past their self imposed deadlines. That's a problem completely of their own making, they could have spent an hour a week getting on the same page about what to say and communicate better and (almost) nobody would have had a problem with it.

That's a lesson many companies never seem to learn.

I'm going to keep mentioning this every so often until someone has me murdered..I really hope they bring back USB over MIDI like the Axe-FX II had. It was insanely useful.

I'll see myself out.
I dont think the Midi bit rate is fast enough to even take a USB 1.0 low speed data feed ;)

I think #73 made a good interesting question too. What is going to happen with the ones who own the III Mark I? I want to keep it as long as I can (I am still repaying the credit for it!!)

The Axe-Fx III Mark I and Mark II have identical CPU and preset RAM capacity. Functionally speaking, the Mark II simply has more memory for patches and IRs.

Any firmware updates the Axe-Fx III Mark II gets for the remainder of its life will be compatible with the Axe-Fx II Mark I.

Back
Top Bottom