Cygnus Beta - first impressions

Wow, I just played a couple notes with the new firmware, it's SO PERCUSSIVE. I remember I had a to really dig to get that nice attack when using distortion, and now it's happening all by itself. It's hard to explain but it feels easier to play, like a lot easier. I have no idea why and I would like someone to explain it to me scientifically, but as far as I can tell, and if I'm not deluding myself, this update rocks.

Notice the vocal quality of the notes.
On the plexi 50w it's even more noticeable imho, you can almost make it sound like there's a wah engaged just by changing picking positions

PS: does the AC20 have more gain or is just my patch that got screwed up?

Last edited:
Good timing too. Just when competitors are starting to get close to the old stuff, release new stuff and make their new hotness boring, inadequate, and outdated. 😂

You should try tuning your guitar lower o_O. j/k. Sounds cool and cool riff.
Don't tempt me with a good time!

Thank you!
Yeah, imma need that patch, @TheSGKing
I have no problem with that, however I exported a GGD Zilla cabs IR from my GGD Zilla cabs software. Not sure if that counts as sharing a "commercial IR" or not. In order to not break the rules the attached preset is using a stock IR that I also like. In case you have the GGD cabs software, I am using the Nolly "Millenial Metal" preset. In fairness I don't think the ML stock IRs I have substituted are a good approximation.

I mainly like to use Scene 1 for my 6 string. Scene 2 is too bright for the 6, however it is what I use on the 8 to get the super tight low notes.

Attachments

• 5153 Exploration.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 21
Thanks, @TheSGKing, much appreciated! I hope the final v16 doesn't break it. I've been looking into tightening up the lows on my 7 string, and this sounds like it's doing the right thing.

Yo this is sick! Just needs bass
Thank you! I am using the avalanche bass by impact studios, tuned an octave below the guitar. It is hard to balance that low of a frequency from becoming boomy so I erred on the side of focusing on the Cygnus chugs for this test. It is understandable if it is hard to hear in this demo.

Back
Top Bottom