Cygnus Appreciation Post

tfodor

Inspired
Hey everyone,

Fractal user since 2014 here. I went "off the grid" a bit during the pandemic, and came back to find the cygnus patch available to download. I have an Axe III, but in the past year I dropped all the bands I was playing with, moved across the country, and started fresh from a musical perspective.

I backed up, wiped my Axe, and reset everything back to factory. Scrolled through the first few presets and the Plexi 50W literally made my stomach drop. WOW! The Fractal has always been great, but I've never been able to use any of the factory presets without 5-10 seconds of my classic tweaks, but this is simply next level. Roll it back to 8? Great crunch, 5? Perfect breakup, no questions asked. Holy crap!! I whipped out my strat, still sounds great. Les Paul? A touch boomy but holy crap its still great.

The rate of innovation of this company is accelerating, and I thought they were at full steam with Axe II......

Thank you for bringing such a joy, Fractal Team!

Tell me about it!
I just bought one and realized the feel of every preset and potential they all have for recording, just a great machine. Too bad it keeps changing bcuz I like it the way It Is now forever lol

Tell me about it!
I just bought one and realized the feel of every preset and potential they all have for recording, just a great machine. Too bad it keeps changing bcuz I like it the way It Is now forever lol

Dont update it. Done. :)

Can I do that and keep it running reliably, or you pulling my chain?
Sure! It's not a device that connects to the internet that needs security issues fixed. I'm not planning on updating any more. I have a laptop I use for 3-D drawing running Win7, and I don't update the drawing program either. I just don't connect that machine to the internet.

Sure! It's not a device that connects to the internet that needs security issues fixed. I'm not planning on updating any more. I have a laptop I use for 3-D drawing running Win7, and I don't update the drawing program either. I just don't connect that machine to the internet.

Even if it is connected, updates arent forced. He can roll back to fw12 if he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom