Cygnus 50W Plexi VS Real 50W Plexi

Which clip is the real amp?

• 1st

Votes: 78 56.9%
  • 2nd

Votes: 59 43.1%

• Total voters
Comparison was well done. Good work.

They are really close, and in the end I think this experiment adds to the others, and absolutely reconfirms and revalidates the quality of the hardware/software that the good folks at FAS can produce.

The audio quality is gorgeous.

Hearing Marco and Leon's 15.01 v 16.0 comparisons yesterday, you can hear how dynamic the amps have become. The texture has changed.

It's not something extremely overt, i.e., my wife probably couldn't hear it, but I believe most critical listeners can pick up the improvements. (Personally, this is the stuff that's easier to quantify when you can feel it yourself.)

This is an amazing time to be an electric guitar player. I can't wait for the finished 16.0.

(I voted for Amp = 2)

I can't pick it, both sound great, but reckon I can hear the room in the first one more so voted for that for real, but the OP said its the same IR so I must be audio-lucinating, I don't know, why does this have to be so hard, technology today is awesome! :cool:

I certainly waffled a bit before picking. Honestly they both sounded great and I'm glad Cliff is going out on a limb to let us try Cygnus out before it is ready for primetime. I have been superbly impressed so far and feel this is a true GAME CHANGER! Regarding the recordings and FWIW I narrowly picked amp one and it could very well have been because the volume difference as Cliff suggested.

Both actually sound really good. 1 is brighter, which most people are going to pick because it isnt in a mix. Humans tend to like louder, brighter tones when the guitar is by itself. 2 on the other hand I bet would work very well in a mix since it isnt too bright. But honestly its amazing that we have some many good sounds that come out of the axe.

Back
Top Bottom