CUSTOM TUNING Offsets

Woland said:
Hello,
It would be great to implement custom tunings on the offsets page.
Hmm? It does! You can enter whatever offsets you want. Not sure I understand your question...

Maybe he means offset presets? Like one for equal temperament, one for Buzz Feiten, etc. That would indeed be nice if a person is playing a variety of guitars and not all are in the same temperament.

I had posted some time back asking for other users to post their favorite tuning offsets but nobody chimed in. Perhaps if they aren't included we could add them to the wiki as a subset of the tuner info page?

I'll ask again, can you guys chime in on your favorite tuning offsets and their exact values please?

Thanks!

Hi,
Is it possible?
Example: I use CGDAEG tuning. Now I would like to enter offset preset for this particular tuning, how can I do it?Thanks guys

Woland said:
Hi,
Is it possible?
Example: I use CGDAEG tuning. Now I would like to enter offset preset for this particular tuning, how can I do it?Thanks guys
You don't need any offsets at all to do that. The tuner will know what note is closest (so as you tune down from E to C, it will let you see the reference C)

The offsets are used to enter slight variations from these notes (fractions of semi-tones), and have nothing to do with alternate tunings. Alternate tunings are already well served by the Axe tuner.

Thanks!
Sorry I feel quite dumb but if I want to teach to Axe tuner that my low C has to be flatter -12.3 cents how can I do it?

Woland said:
Thanks!
Sorry I feel quite dumb but if I want to teach to Axe tuner that my low C has to be flatter -12.3 cents how can I do it?
Ah, now I get it. You want to use offsets *in addition to* alternate tunings.

Sorry, I don't know of a way to do that. You can sort of "eyeball" it with the tuner display (the range at the bottom is from -50 to +50 cents) but that will never be as accurate as what you're looking for.

Gang,
I came across an article that outlines a set of tuning offsets. I implemented them in the Axe-Fx and I don't really hear that much of a difference. When playing octaves on the G string the high E actually sounds somewhat out of tune going this route. I checked my intonation and I am balls on solid so no prob there hoss.

http://www.recordingreview.com/arti...rectly-so-it-really-sounds-in-tune/Page1.html

Any other offsets out there that anyone is using with better results?

Like many metal guitarists I tune a half step down, I would love to be able to tune without these bemol symbols. The Digitech GSP1101 has this option, it's very practical… but then the 7/8 strings users and othe serial detuners would probably ask for the same, and I don't know if all this is possible :roll:

+1 to this request.

4 storable tuning presets would be great Feiten, Normal, DADGAD and Open D would
be enough for me :).

pneil

pneil said:
+1 to this request.

4 storable tuning presets would be great Feiten, Normal, DADGAD and Open D would
be enough for me :).

pneil
+1. 5-10 storable presets in the tuner would be so nice.

BTW, Here's the BF tuning offsets. They work excellent for me. My guitars have already the BF system, although this tuning method seems to improve every guitar even w/o the BF.

1st E, 0
2nd B, +1
3rd G, -2
4rth D, -2
5th A, -2
6th E, -2

In addition to storing tuning offsets, how about the ability to calibrate the tuner for 1/2 and whole step down & up? I play 1/2 step down and sometimes it's tough to see that little 'b' on the tuning display.

Hmmm... it sounds like people want it to have the features of a Strobostomp.

Rich G. said:
In addition to storing tuning offsets, how about the ability to calibrate the tuner for 1/2 and whole step down & up? I play 1/2 step down and sometimes it's tough to see that little 'b' on the tuning display.

Hmmm... it sounds like people want it to have the features of a Strobostomp.

If he just expanded the current calibration to go down to Ab that would work. Right now it doesn't go quite that far.

Back
Top Bottom