Custom Shifter Question

mtripp

Inspired
If I'm playing the following notes, why am I needing to change the scale to 'A' to get even close to my desired output?!?!

Should't I be able to use C#Maj?

C - D# +2
C# - F +4
F - G# +3
F# - A# +4
G# - C +3
A# - C# +3

With custom shifter type Key = A uses the shifts exactly as shown in the global scale menu. Adjusting Key applies the "A" shift value to the selected keynote, with the other values transposed accordingly.

If I'm playing the following notes, why am I needing to change the scale to 'A' to get even close to my desired output?!?!

Should't I be able to use C#Maj?

C - D# +2
C# - F +4
F - G# +3
F# - A# +4
G# - C +3
A# - C# +3
C#maj has a G natural, among other different notes than above.

With custom shifter type Key = A uses the shifts exactly as shown in the global scale menu. Adjusting Key applies the "A" shift value to the selected keynote, with the other values transposed accordingly.
So A is the 'default'? If it is set to A then everything else is "based"? I honestly don't care about the scale I'm playing in...just that those specific notes have the proper interval...they are the only 6 notes of the solo piece I'm working on.

So A is the 'default'?
Yes but check shift values because two are a semitone flat for the notes you listed. Also if the notes are correct, dual harmony type (+3, C#/Db Ionian/major, other voice level at 0) might be preferable for smooth bends in the generated harmony, if the part includes any bends.

Back
Top Bottom