Custom Rack Panel Recommendation

I ordered one of Hans' panels (Vafam) last Wednesday. I had called him in the morning and he sent me an email with the spec by noon. He had it built by 5:00 pm and he even sent me a photo of it. It arrived Saturday! Excelent turn-around. He was very helpful and personable. I am totally impressed by Hans and Vafam.

Mine's about to be shipped. Very quick responses, Hans was very helpful in selecting the right cables and cable ends (making me doublecheck), and very friendly as well (Hans used to live in Eindhoven, where I currently live). Highly recommended service, and I'm sure the panel will be a great improvement to my setup. :)

Vafam Sound - Custom Audio Panels

Very cool. I have one and they're great - with such good customer service. May I ask, as I'm looking into getting a x32 rack for my band... what does the X32 connector on your breakout box do - is for the modem, snake or what? (I'm probably being stupid here.... as usual).

The X32 Ethercon connector is for connecting to the Behringer S16 digital snake which I place on the opposite side of the band stand. I get sends from the bass, Gtr, some Vox and drums ... And I send 4 stereo IEM mixes to the 8 XLR outs on the snake. Love the X32!!

Yes, the labeling was done by VAFAM. They made it yesterday and it arrived at my house today. Of course it helps that I'm only 1 State away from them. I'll try to post a pic after I have it installed in my rack.

I received mine last weekend and immediately took it with me to band rehearsal. It has become so easy to set up now; no more rummaging around in the back of my rack and doublechecking everything's plugged into the right slot. Now I simply open the front, connect everything with the clearly labeled ports and go! Very happy.

This one is on its way to me:

vafam2.jpg

More pictures

Left to right:

1 - USB
2/3 - 2x speaker (power amp)
4/5 - Input 2 L/R (for connecting music player and stuff)
6 - MIDI (this is for MFC updates)
7 - Input 1 Right (for 2nd guitar)
8/9 - 2x Output 1 1/4"
10/11 - 2x Output 1 XLR
12 - MFC (XLR)
13 - MFC (Ethercon)
14 - Power Out
15 - empty
16 - Power In

This one is on its way to me:

vafam2.jpg

More pictures

Left to right:

1 - USB
2/3 - 2x speaker (power amp)
4/5 - Input 2 L/R (for connecting music player and stuff)
6 - MIDI (this is for MFC updates)
7 - Input 1 Right (for 2nd guitar)
8/9 - 2x Output 1 1/4"
10/11 - 2x Output 1 XLR
12 - MFC (XLR)
13 - MFC (Ethercon)
14 - Power Out
15 - empty
16 - Power In

Very cool did you speak with Hans?

I make panels like this myself,

If anybody needs something like this, you can always ask me.... PM your wishes and i can make it work for your needs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey all,
I have a problem that may find its solution with those custom panels but i can't figure it out clearly.
My problem is that i have to use my AxeFX in my studio and for live purposes.
In the studio, it has to be connected to the computer (USB), to the MFC, to a power source and 2 XLRs to monitorings.
For live use, it has to be connected to the MFC, to a power source, 2 XLRs to CLRs and possibly 2 TRS to the FOH.
An easy solution appears, making a panel with all those connections, but the problem is in the studio : I'd like to keep my AxeFx in its rack and only connect needed cables to a sort of studio dock, without having all sort of cables running on my desk...
So is it possible to create a sort of custom outlet that would include all those connections in just one plug ?
This way, i'd only plug one thing in when coming back to the studio and everything would be connected.

Check this picture: it is an LK connector.

Only the power, i advice you not to run that through the LK

rery8enu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom