Custom powering Solutions

Sixstring

Legend!
Looking for a custom powering solution for the board I'm going to put together.

Does anyone know of a company that can build one that is fairly small... say 3"x4" size? Looking for 2-4 9-18V DC 500mA outputs - 1, 120VAC convenience outlet that has a Powercon connector for the main cable.

I didn't see this one from VooDoo Labs nice find! it's a tad larger then I was looking for but I need to check my board to see if I can make some room for it, Thanks man!

EDIT: I just noticed it only does AC no DC output need both. Looks like the Pedal Power 2 is as close as I can get to what I'm looking for. I was hoping for something a tad smaller.

Last edited:
The reason I went with the 1 Spot Pro is because I read to many reviews about the noise created using the Voodoo. So I opted for the 1 Spot Pro CS12 (big brother to the one I listed above) and for the first time ever my 10 pedal pedal-board is dead silent, no noise anywhere.

The reason I went with the 1 Spot Pro is because I read to many reviews about the noise created using the Voodoo. So I opted for the 1 Spot Pro CS12 (big brother to the one I listed above) and for the first time ever my 10 pedal pedal-board is dead silent, no noise anywhere.

Really! I have run VooDoo Labs Pedal Power before and have not had any issue with it. The main reason I'm looking at it is because of the AC outlet it has on it. All I want to power with it is the AX8 and a Shure GLXD wireless unit, no actual effects pedals.

Anyone else having problems running a VooDoo Labs Pedal Power?

The courtesy outlet should not be a deal breaker. It should be fairly easy to put a powercon connector on your board that ends in two normal power outlets.

The courtesy outlet should not be a deal breaker. It should be fairly easy to put a powercon connector on your board that ends in two normal power outlets.

Are you saying it would be better to go with a different power supply other than the VooDoo Lab? I mean the whole reason is to keep it small and light as possible. I don't need 10 9-18VDC outputs from a power supply so the overall size could be kept to minimum. I'm really trying to avoid multiple wall warts under the board.

Why spend all that money on a Voodoo if your need is just for the wireless and the AX8. You only need to power 1 wall wart (for the GLXD) and the AX8 which has it's own internal power supply. I would rather save money and mount something like this under the board. Then use a simple extension cord.

Amazon product ASIN B00FRODUR4

If your final "pedal board to power supply" connection needs to be a powercon connector, you could buy a temple board and connect (any) 9V supply with one of their micro modules:
http://templeboards.com/collections/micro-modules/products/powercon-locking-ac-mains-module
[or obviously use the above connector mounted in to your board somehow].

Are you really concerned about the power cord coming out of the 9V supply during performance? If everything's secured underneath your board, doubtful that the cord to you PS would get yanked out.
If so, I need to go see where you guys are playing where pedal boards are flying about! :eek:

For me it's not about pedalboards flying around Lol.. it's more about keeping things tidy and simple. I have finished building a board based on a TT Pro design but out of wood cost me $20. I'm going to mount an outlet of some type and L/R XLR out on the side.

Underneath I'm just going to mount a small plug bar and tie everything up underneath and be done. The power supply was going to be for the wireless and maybe the odd pedal if I ever needed it. After thinking about it today while I was building the board, powering the wireless and the Ax8 is going to be it not going to be anything else.

@Smitterfar your comment on the powercon makes sense so I'm going to fit it with a standard 120 VAC receptacle.

I will post up some pics later on.

Back
Top Bottom