Custom pedalboard for MFC and Mission pedals

So it's going to weigh 55Lbs when it's all said and done and in the case correct? It's a very nice board and built like a tank but man that sucker is going to be fun to cary to a gig when you do have one. Is there a reason you didn't use 1/4 or 3/8" instead ?

So it's going to weigh 55Lbs when it's all said and done and in the case correct? It's a very nice board and built like a tank but man that sucker is going to be fun to cary to a gig when you do have one.

Yeah about 51 lbs total with the case, but that case is large enough to put other things in it as well, which is my plan. I know a lot of your are concerned about going as light as possible. I'm not so much, I'd rather have superior protection and have piece of mine that my rig is safe in transport, whether I'm handling it or someone else.

Yeah about 51 lbs total with the case, but that case is large enough to put other things in it as well, which is my plan. I know a lot of your are concerned about going as light as possible. I'm not so much, I'd rather have superior protection and have piece of mine that my rig is safe in transport, whether I'm handling it or someone else.

Very true but with the case that your looking to put it in even if you had built it out of 1/4" it would be well protected. Ether way it's a very nice board I'm in the same boat after changing up the case that my rig is going into. I don't gig much anymore but I still need to be able to transport with minimal weight. I bought a medium duty case off eBay to keep the dust off of it and offer some protection. I'm going to build a basic flat board using 3/8" birch Ply to put my GCP and EBVPjR's on with a couple of handels on the side to pull it out of the case with. I do have a little extra room so I might get fancy like you did and put some siding and a lid for the front to kind of box things in ;). Again very cool looking board and nicely done !

Very true but with the case that your looking to put it in even if you had built it out of 1/4" it would be well protected. Ether way it's a very nice board I'm in the same boat after changing up the case that my rig is going into. I don't gig much anymore but I still need to be able to transport with minimal weight. I bought a medium duty case off eBay to keep the dust off of it and offer some protection. I'm going to build a basic flat board using 3/8" birch Ply to put my GCP and EBVPjR's on with a couple of handels on the side to pull it out of the case with. I do have a little extra room so I might get fancy like you did and put some siding and a lid for the front to kind of box things in ;). Again very cool looking board and nicely done !

Thanks! I like the way it turned out. There a few things I would have changed after getting it together though, but happy overall after messing with it all weekend. And yeah, that SKB case I'm putting it in has a luggage handle and wheels. So, I don't really have to carry it if I don't feel like it. It'll be lined in foam and carpet with some compartments I build into for various accessories and cables. Plus, this is a HUGE downgrade in size and weight next to my half stack I've been gigging with for years. Now, all my guitars in cases, CLR, rack and pedalboard still weigh less than my 4x12 cab and head!

With the tolex and handle it looks very familiar! :D I would've put the ethercon on the side though! Feels a little bit safer when playing live.

With the tolex and handle it looks very familiar! :D I would've put the ethercon on the side though! Feels a little bit safer when playing live.

I don't have my ethercon mounted yet as I need to order a new jack before drilling the hole. I just have my ethercon cable plugged into the back of the MFC and ran out the bottom next to my red Mission, temporarily.

What is total weight inside road case without mfc and pedals?

I don't have the case in my possession yet, but will certainly weigh all the different options with it all together.

Also, as a side note, I made a list of changes I plan to make for my second board. Two of those changes will be finger joints (where necessary) not screws, and using 1/2" void-free birch plywood. That'll reduce weight considerably.

Why not just use a feed-through D-shape jack?

NE8FDP-B - Neutrik

That's what I'm using on my rack's connector panel just fine.

Those work just fine on a panel that is 3/16" thick, but my board is 3/4" thick. I'll probably have to drill a large hole than necessary and then mount this feed-thru jack to a panel that I would then screw into the wood from the outside. I have two of these jacks by the way that I was planning on using before I realized that they would not work without modification. There is a picture above with this jack sitting next to the unfinished board.

The CAT6 jack was the only one I could get on my pedalboard. Use a cable that has CAT6 on one end and CAT5 on the other.

Attachments

• cat6.jpg
    cat6.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 39
Back
Top Bottom